Who got good Christmas presents?

unfortunately, im still a teenager so santa doesnt have GT40 in the priorities....and the fact that i didnt ask..wonder how it would sound "mommy, what i want for christmas is a new era GT40 MK2 turn key with 600 horses...pullllease!"

i dont think that'd fly, so ill just have to buy it myself after i get the auto certification and according to those tech schools dealerships around here start paying at like 32 bucks an hour(almost double what my mom makes) and no im not poor, ive got my tech shat then most of my friends

but 40s are not all lost for me, im into a gas powered RC car hobby and i bought a 330 dollar Awd touring car, and i bought a GT40 body...im gonna add a powerful engine and some other goodies. also that 330 car is one of the top racing cars out there...so it will be quick and handle nice and sport a cool body!....i havent figured out what paintjob...i may end up doing 2 since im stuck on the gulf job and this black one with grey stripes i saw
cool.gif

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I received a beautifully machined wheel hub that a friend made and one of Martin Weingold's emblems for the center.

Dec28_013.jpg

I also received a couple of great references and a chicken dance Elmo!

Dec28_011.jpg

chip- everyone and their mother, i have the new monster truck one, wasnt worth it

not to mention that all these yutz are crediting the mini-car craze to rice rockets, i wish i could smack the whole lot of the people who said that stupid crap. since the mini-craze was started by Kyosho wit their 1/18 mini-z and the first cars to hit the shelves were vipers...sorry, just cant stand when people relate things to those poor street racing losers. especially around here, if your gonna race your slow grocery getter, spend 5 bucks on gas and go to our local strip! its only an hour away you lazy sacs

using an airplane belt fan on a car? interesting. ive seen some wild creations overtime, had a guy use a motor from an electric helicopter. attach it to the back of an electric buggy and then strap on custom made wooden ski's

ment as a snow goer but he use to play with i on the track since it had a tendance to nos up, ad with a motor like that hehhehhe

Hi Graham (GTA)

Two questions

1 Has the 917 arrived yet?
2 I have the film Le Mans on video which frame are you in?
Regards

Chris

Howard Jones

Supporter
Max if you get her a horse I promise you will never see her again. They are like magic! Horse+Wife=$$$$$$=Lots of time to work on 40. You get what you pay for!!!
Merry Christmas/Happy Newyear
wink.gif

G

I suppose my best pressies came from my sponsors Gulf themselves.A batch of matching livery clothing and hats and as part of the ongoing publicity an "order" to be the central display with the 40(and 917 if intact) on their stand at the NEC in March.A busy month in UK as the racing season restarts with 3 races at Silverstone and Donnington.Anyone thinks its expensive to build a 40 you do not want to think about racing one!!!!!!!
My dear wife gave me a new video player for the workshop/showroom and i can now play clearly my Le Mans tape from 1970 and link in with my original Cine 8 to videos that i took there in 1969 and 1970.So now i can view Solar Productions filming me in crowd filming them filming the race for the feature film of "Le Mans"!!!!!
Was anyone else there those two years which although i,m not so pleased at being that much older it has given me a wonderful memory and knowledge of that never to return period of the mid sixties to the early seventies?
Regards,
GTA Racing.

Santa brought me jones/allen- Ford that Beat Ferrari, Legates- Ford GT40, plus the Exoto Legends series very detailed red #3 Mk11.This was better than being a kid again. Nothing like being a little spoiled and lucky as well!

Howard,

That's a great idea! She can spend weekends riding, and I can spend weekends racing! Max.

Back