Widebody RCR40

Brian Kissel

Lifetime Supporter
Dart heads are noted for core shift. Most of the Dart heads you see at swap meets are seconds. This certainly doesn’t guarantee that the ones you buy at the big stores or your engine builder will be good. I have sold a ton of Dart heads in the past and have run into it MANY times. That’s why they have a parts only warranty. The likelihood of a “accidental offset” is virtually zero. I have been dealing with them since 1987. I do still like their heads however.
Your results may vary

Regards Brian

Dart heads are noted for core shift. Most of the Dart heads you see at swap meets are seconds. This certainly doesn’t guarantee that the ones you buy at the big stores or your engine builder will be good. I have sold a ton of Dart heads in the past and have run into it MANY times. That’s why they have a parts only warranty. The likelihood of a “accidental offset” is virtually zero. I have been dealing with them since 1987. I do still like their heads however.
Your results may vary

Regards Brian
Yeah, was pretty certain of core shift in the coolant passages that was cut into when they hogged out the ports for the 225 CNC. What a waste of money using their product. Was $1880 in labor and parts and they are willing to cover $95. If I build an engine again from untested parts I won't use Dart. They certainly aren't cheap heads at $1500 each in standard trim.

Brian Kissel

Lifetime Supporter
Adam, just glad that you found out now instead of when you were out on a trip somewhere. I had a customer once that had about 200 miles on his engine before they started to leak. They were machined paper thin, but didn’t leak on start up.
Good luck with your next set, whatever you decide to put on it.

Regards Brian