Windshield info

Bart Roberts

Supporter
I have a roof spider that is supposed to be a splash of the original. I got it from Jay Cushman. I have a chance to pick up a GTD/GT Developments windshield for a pretty good price. Does anyone know if the GTD windshield was accurate to the original?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
From years back there was a cross reference done

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Its too short I’d think, as the pillars are 1/2in wide on GTD style replica windshield frames. Not like the thin edge on originals. Its many different windshields out there, and many bucks/moulds. Idea: cut a paper template/measure, that gives you an idea of width. The shape might be different too.

A cardboard template, can easily be saturated with resin and a layer or two with fiberglas to make a template..,

morten

Bart Roberts

Supporter
Well I picked it up. It was pretty cheap and fairly local. He threw in some leftovers he collected. I got a pair of doors and rockers and a roof spider mold. Here are a couple pics of the windshield labels. I'll fit it to my spider in the next week or two and see if it fits

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_172416980.jpg
    IMG_20220925_172416980.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20220925_172426368.jpg
    IMG_20220925_172426368.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 141

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Let me know as I could not get Jay to sell me a windshield as too much trouble to pack and ship. That is why I went the RCR route.

Bart Roberts

Supporter
He wouldn't sell me one either. He replied a few times saying he would check to see what he had but never confirmed if he did or not. I got these from someone that built a GT many years ago and these were his spares

Back