Wiring Diagram

The wiring diagram in the owner's manual is, perhaps, the worst I've ever seen. It's nearly impossible to understand.

Does anyone have a useful diagram that shows switch connections and wire colors?

Thanks.

Thanks Rick,

The pdf you sent is what comes in the book.

I don't understand the triangles and page numbers. In the diagram for the A/C Blower Recirc. & A/C Compressor system, for example, on the left side, there's a triangle with the letter "I" in it that says, "Recirc Switch Page 10."

What does the letter I refer to and where is Page 10? And above that in the diagram, what are triangles A and C and where is Page 1?

-John

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I don't understand the triangles and page numbers. ...

Generally speaking they are off-page references. That doesn't mean they're all correct, of course....

So if you consider triangle D on page 1 you'll find the "other end" of that wire as another triangle D on page 4, middle left, next to the "A/C Switch".

In the case of your triangle "I" you find the corresponding triangle I on page 10 of the schematics (not the manual page #; manual page is schematic page plus 38) at the lower right where there is a drawing of the back of the recirc switch. This is a somewhat unconventional way to draw an electrical diagram. Usually you draw switches in there "logical" form like they do with the brake switch on page 3. Then usually you have a separate drawing of each switch identifying terminal number and their physical location on the switch. This drawing combines the two, sort of, with certain switches that are drawn physically after the more conventional diagrams but also showing their connection into the preceding schematic diagrams.

Page 1 is the page with the battery, alternator, ignition switch and starter on it. That's where you'll find the other end (in this case the current source) of triangles A and C, although both A and C are "multi-point" that is they show up in several places. This just means all those "A"s are connected to all the other "A"s, etc.

BTW the wire colors are there; look for one or two letter codes, and look up the corresponding color from the table at the upper right of page "zero" (of what Rick sent) or page 38 of the manual. And BTW the number next to those color codes is the wire size in square millimeters.

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Let me check my files.....try this:
Thank you, Rick. This one doesn't have the 4/07 red Euro modifications (rear fog light, etc.) that are on the one I've been using all this time (from the owner manual on the Supersnake site if I remember correctly) so it's usefully decluttered.

Last edited:
Back