wiring harness

still have not received wiring harness for my slc . I received car july 2017 and not sure why one was not provided with kit . need some advice on what I can use.

RCR have a new wiring harness (not Infinity) - have you contacted them to see if one of these is available in lieu of the Infinity system you were originally slated for? I believe the newer harnesses were released more recently than your car.

I ended up making my own wiring system from scratch - but that was because I didn't want to use the Infinity system. Painless Wiring sells several kits that would work if you need something immediately.

Thanks rcr had a different company building harness for the slc but it never came about. Have not been able to get ahold anyone at rcr for several weeks tried e mail and calling . After having car at my shop for over a year and still waiting on parts. I will check out painless thanks again.

Thanks looks like painless is the choice. Just sucks I already purchaced a harness when I ordered car a year and a half ago and never received it. GETS EXPENSIVE PAYING PARTS THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE !

Ron McCall

Supporter
Kelly,
I have had great experience with Ron Francis Wiring as well. Having the wires separated from the fuse panel makes wiring a mid engine car much nicer.
Ron

Thanks everybody good to see I have options. Wiring is not my strongest skill Fran really had me sold plug and play harness. New manufacturer that replaced infinity not able to produce harness .His email stated pretty much he couldn't handle it .

I have the Infinity System for my GTR. It probably works great, but after starting to install it, I don't understand how it works, so if there is a problem I won't understand how to fix it. I spoke with the guys from Ron Francis Wiring at the Hot Rod Power Tour and decided to remove the Infinity System and install a system from Ron Francis. Many of the car builders on the Power Tour that I spoke with use Ron Francis or Painless. The Ron Francis Kit has really nice instructions, starting with opening Bag "A", installing it, then opening Bag "B", and installing it. I have not finished it yet, but it is easy, and I am a novice.

Jared V

Supporter
My builder is using this on my GT-R. They seem to have good support and so far it has all the options I need. I know it is not as plug and play as the system from RCR requiring more work to terminate the circuits.

http://coachcontrols.com

Kelly - if you plan on adding some kind of alarm system that’ll have a key fob.

I’m running the digital guard dawg PKE system - no key, uses an RFID proximity system for disabling the immobilizer. Comes with a key fob.

Available on sale about half off during major sales (I got mine on Black Friday).

My Ron Francis system has both battery cut off and starter solenoid cut off, I believe by proximity or FOB button. Two FOBs included in the system. I used their coolant fan controller already and it is really nice stuff.

GUYS, there is supposedly an answer coming. I totally understand Kelly if your THERE and wiring holding you up. When I was at RCR early this month, they have switched to a local wiring builder that will be building a similar to Ron's harness that is SUPPOSED to start shipping end of this month (ie today)!! I just don't want you to buy and have this show up a week later. Its supposed to be similar but in the lengths and needs of our mid engined cars.

I have NOT received my wiring harness yet either for the GTR.

Back