XtremeClassics Headers advance look

Kalun D,

The collectors are from Burns Stainless. None better to be found, IMHO. Some here know there is a formula you can use to derive the theoretical optimal header tube length for any cam/timing/displacement/port size engine. Vince and the boys at Burns have their own formula for developing the collector. The merge collector length and the transition length and diameter are derived from their formula. Burns collectors came highly recommended.

Right now I have a jig for ERA GT40s. I'll need access to other cars to be able to make adapters for the jig to reflect the different dimensions. I can probably get access to a local CAV/GTD GT40 and an RF GT40 to get these dimensions. Other than that I will need the car for a few weeks at my shop.

Super Trapps might be the answer for our friends across the pond who have such strict noise regulations. I'll have to wait and see if I get any complaints from anyone about the noise level mine will produce.

Port match was no problem. There is none. If I knew then what I know now I would have opted for the wider exhaust bolt pattern. I bought a stroker long block from Probe Industries / Coast High Performance and got a lot of bang for the buck but the engine had Edelbrock Victor Jr. heads with the small bolt pattern. Couple this with the fact that a header tube smaller than 1.75" would look silly and you have what I call the "farting into a culvert" situation. The rectangular port (sooo yestertech) on the head has a smaller crossectional area than the 1.75" tube. At 550+ HP I decided perfect exhaust port to header matching was not needed. I'll deal with the non-linear flow and loss of velocity as best I can.

Thanks for the compliments. I know eventually I'll keep from being side tracked on headers and aero projects and actually finish and drive the car.

Mark

Back