Yet another engine suitability thread

Overall I am an all american guy even though I have a soft spot for the Mustangs. Still probably going with the LS376/480 just because it seems the most bang for buck keeping a budget in mind. If I wasnt making a budget I would want that 5.8L.

Damian, I was wondering if you were going to chime in as I know you hang out with those with the BIG BOY TOYS. :thumbsup:

Isnt the 525 a carb setup?

Edit: Guess not. Seems like a single tubo or blower would net more ponies for the 2k bump from the LS 376 480.

hmmmmm?

choices

Last edited:
The 525 crate engine is only $800 more than the 480 from Fran.

Edit: I'm not sure if there's a difference in the ecu and such. I imagine you would need more time on the dyno to tune it though. Idunno?

I said that I wouldn't post much more until I became an owner so unless I can add substantive info to a thread I'm staying out

Bass,

I bet the gear ratios woud suck in a SLC. :)
1. Yeah, so true! "Dear me! I've got eight speeds: which one SHALL I choose?" :)

2. Ron, if ya don't like the ratios, just swap 'em out! For a mechanic like you, it would be, what, a couple hours' tinkering, tops? :) :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas,

Bassanio et Portia :)

I reckon thats great idea Tim.....

I have a mock up engine and trans on the shelf......no problem...lets get it done....

I would love to see you hammering an SL-C on track in Australia

Hmmm, tempting... Methinks I shouldn't be putting ideas into my head... :)

Unfortunately I won't be doing much of anything for a while but it'll go on my list, along with a 917. :)

To be honest I expected to get slammed for the idea (not necessarily by you Fran) but I figured it'd make for a very light, quick car. I'm interested that you already have designs in that direction. :)

Tim.

I reckon thats great idea Tim.....

I have a mock up engine and trans on the shelf......no problem...lets get it done....

I would love to see you hammering an SL-C on track in Australia

Is the mockup beside my poor lil' waterpump that's being held hostage still? ;)

What about the 3.5L Ford EcoBoost? In the F150, it produces 365hp and 420lbs torque. Tuning, intake and exhaust can add almost 100 hp to them (according to F150 forums).

What about the 3.5L Ford EcoBoost? In the F150, it produces 365hp and 420lbs torque. Tuning, intake and exhaust can add almost 100 hp to them (according to F150 forums).
:yuck:

This ford guy would have to say no to that. Not on this type of car but that just my .02

:yuck:

This ford guy would have to say no to that. Not on this type of car but that just my .02

I think it would be ok if he just wants a daily driver. Even if he wanted it for the track it should be fine. 465 hp on a car that weights in at 2400 lbs is not bad. He can still have fun with it. With the car only 2400lbs should get over 30mpgs.

If I was him I would say get the new 5.0. I saw ford is now giving us the option of buying the 500 hp mustang motor now. I think it was around the price of a ls3. I am sure in a few years there will be a huge third party support for the engine.

I was just making a suggestion. Real world drivability and gas mileage would be great with that engine. My first choice would still be a stock LS3 (daily drivable, good power, easy-peasy maintenance, etc). Maybe an LS376...

Back