Young Gun slingers kill an Aussie

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
But remember Larry the other 100+ gun death folks are just as dead as Mr Martin and Mr Lane arn't they?

'Sure ARE. And yet do we hear a DARNED THING from Jackson, Sharpton, the ACLU, the NAACP, Obama, the "Lame Stream Media" (Goldberg) or any of the rest of the agenda-driven hypocrites about the NEVER ENDING gun deaths resulting from black-on-black crime in places like Chicago and Detroit? NO - we DON'T. 'Gotta be W-H-I-T-E -on-black crime (or perceived w-on-b crime) before they get all excited, doesn't it. WHY?

Guess...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Jackson, Sharpton.....they do not enter into the discussion for the same reason that Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity do not jump in to defend the Clintons/Obama when the right lies about them. They are all liers with an agenda.

Say Larry, Craig, John

I see that you will say almost anything to deflect this discussion away from guns.

We can see from your posts just in this thread alone (if you like I can list your racist comments) that you do not like Black people, why don't you start a "Racist" thread, this one is about needless gun deaths.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I see that you will say almost anything to deflect this discussion away from guns.

Why don't you start a "Race" thread, this one is about gun deaths.

GUNS have been around for centuries, Jim, and we haven't had the GLUT of gun deaths/drive-bys/etc, etc., that we're seeing now. It's only been since about 1980(?) or so (give or take) with the rise of drug dealing GANGS (largely black gangs, BTW, deal with it) that gun violence has gone bananas.

THE FACT IS, Jim, that young blacks commit more murders yearly than both white and Hispanic perps COMBINED. "Google it". I loathe all dirtbags - black, white, Asian - whatever.

But, unlike you, I won't make excuses for the black gang contingent, NOR 'whitewash' ('like that choice of words?) the facts in order to 'fog' reality on the alter of "p.c.".

Things are what they are...

(Regarding your "edit" accusing me of "HATING" black people - BULL FEATHERS!!!!!!!! That's ANOTHER of the "race cards" you lefties just l-o-v-e- to play!!! That charge is just as lame as the charge that I'm a "hater" because I loathe much of what Obama has pulled/is doing! 'Pathetic, sir. Really pathetic...)

'Just curious; If I hate black people so much, why is it wifey and I have seen my ole buddy George Wallace's show over two dozen times since he 'opened' as the "headliner" at the Flamingo in 'Vegas back in '01 (or whenever 'twas)? Why have wifey and I been to lunch with him? Why has he bought our dinner a number of times? I love that guy. 'Have since I first saw him on the Tonight Show in the early 80s. "Hate black people" my hind foot. GIVE IT UP, Jim. :mean:

Last edited:
Chris,

I'm so sorry that this happened, but unfortunatly this is just the way it is here in the US.

On an average day in the US, 289 people are shot and 86 of them die.

Between 2000 and 2010, 335,609 people died from guns.

Murder in the US

Guns...........................72.5%
Knives.........................13.3
Other..........................14.2

In 2010 ***82*** childeren under 5 years old died from firearms. In that same year 58 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty.

Nearly three times more kids were injured by firearms than US soldiers injured in action in Afganistan.

Childeren injured by guns, 2010.............15,576
US soldiers wounded in action 2010.........5,247

I would like to know how many of the 289 people shot every day are gang or intergang shootings. If they are taken out of the equation I bet the stats would read differently by a long way. Then take out the thieves with guns and a different picture may appear.

Bob

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes there are bad people, there are bad people in Autralia, there are bad people in the UK and yes there are bad people in Japan, the differance is they do not have incredably easy access to millions of guns.

I too want to stop gun violence, and as we cant get rid of people, I see the only answer is to get rid of the guns.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
We have allowed it to come to this?

So incredably sad!

Bulletproof school supplies get low grades from safety experts

130820-bulletprrof-backpack-jsw-1238p.photoblog600.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Are you sure about that or are you guessing?

As I understand it, suicide and accidents make up a large percent.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I believe ('could be wrong) Bob and I were referring to criminal acts perpetrated on others...murders, drug deals gone bad, etc., etc. I was anyway. (And before you hasten to point it out, YES, technically suicide is a crime in a lot of places...or rather attempted suicide is...since one cannot be tried if one actually succeeds. PLEASE, let's not 'start'.) 'NOT what I was (we were?) pondering above anyway.

Suicides do account for the most gun deaths...depending on whom you ASK, that is. (E.g.: "According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 250 million guns.") Accidents account for faaaaaaar less. I think they run about 500-600(?) or so annually. I'd have to look it up.

Ask people in Detroit, Chicago, et al, how most gun deaths occur in their cites.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry you are going to have to show us where you got this info.

You say that gangs are responsible for 8,900 of 11,100 US gun murders in both 2010 and 2011.

Please show the link.

Per the Department of Jutice in 2011 total gang murders (not all with guns) were 1,824.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This data is from the FBI

Chart 2. Threat Posed by Gangs, as Reported by Law Enforcement
The NGIC collected intelligence from its law enforcement partners nationwide in an effort to capture the criminal threat posed by national-level street, prison, outlaw motorcycle, and neighborhood-based gangs in their communities. The following chart represents the percentage of gang involvement in crime.

Per the FBI, the percent of Homicide by gang members ranged from 15% to 24%

Plus, not all of those were gun Homicides.

Last edited:
Jim, do nice people shoot other people for no reason? If not, then what are you doing to create more nice people?

Banning guns doesn't change the fact that these kids are horrible people. What if they just ran the guy over instead? Would that be better?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
No John, nice peope do not shoot innocents.

No John, hitting them with a car would not be better.

Besides

Hit and run can damage your car, leaves evidence at the scene, on the car and could lead to questions and convictions.

Knives are so messy, plus this guy was in good shape, that could lead to injury.

Virtually any other type of attack is problamatic, plus they would need to get out of the car and go up close to the victim, messy and dangerous.

These three Murderers were bored and had a gun..........................

They didn't decide to murder someone and then go get a gun, they had a gun and were bored..........................

What can we do this this gun................

Only then did they decide to kill someone.

It's quick, its easy, it's clean, it leaves virtually no evidence, hell they didn't even have to get out of the car.

Yes John when it comes to an easy murder nothing works like a gun, but you already knew that didn't you.

John,

Without the easy access to millions and millions of guns, this poor Australian would be playing baseball right now!

Last edited:
The cities with the strictest gun laws, Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans, and Detroit represent 10% of the murder rate for the entire US. Wonder why that is?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry you are going to have to show us where you got this info.

You say that gangs are responsible for 8,900 of 11,100 US gun murders in both 2010 and 2011.

Please show the link.

Per the Department of Jutice in 2011 total gang murders (not all with guns) were 1,824.

Dear lord...yet another graph.

NO, what I said was it depends on whom one asks. Google the CDC. That's from whence it came. But, once again you've put words in my mouth.

...do you know how many links of YOURS been asked for but to date have never been provided??? I've lost count...

GOOGLE THE CAUSE OF THE MAJORITY OF GUN DEATHS IN CHICAGO, DETROIT, D.C., EAST L.A., NEW ORLEANS, CLEVELAND, AND THE REST OF THE PLACES GANGS HAVE TURNED INTO THE WILD WEST. Ask the people THERE the source of the majority of guns deaths in THEIR cities. I believe you'll find the number of gun crimes/deaths in places like those are far higher than the number committed in Mayberry, RFD.

Back