Young Gun slingers kill an Aussie

Steve

Supporter
Exactly Jim, no guns = no death. in fact these kids that committed this cowardly murder stated that "if they couldn't find a gun they were gonna forget the whole crazy idea go home eat popcorn and watch TV".

I believe Craig was employing our old friend Mr. Sarcasm....:thumbsup:

Keith

Reading back some of what I have said doesn't make sense, so I want to repair it please.

1. I am not an advocate of guns in private citizens hands as a general premise in A.N. Other Country (non specific).
2. I am not in favour of a knee jerk outright ban of privately held guns.
3. The UK did not vote to ban guns - it kind of voted by default NOT to permit them. There is a world of difference right there.
4. Any controls on gun useage or proliferation should be carried out over a period of 100 years or so in a creeping action that is mandatory to be adopted by each administration as a commitment to reducing the harm and misery caused by gun violence and criminal activity. This 'gun control' activity to include and reintroduce basic education on the rights of free individuals to have a stake in their own futures and not have it decided by faceless grey men in grey suits thus removing performance points and prizes as the Apogee of Education. Such educational emphasis to be also placed on the individual moral responsibilities to others and the promotion of simple values over and above commercial gain. Sound too left to you? Not at all. You'll find even the hardest American Frontiersman loved his Mother and had a heart of Gold.

The current lack of these basic attributes seem to result in the immature desire to shoot their way into the history books - let alone the ghastly array of artificial chemicals that are available to assist you get their painlessly, with your Ruger by your side.

Keith

I believe Craig was employing our old friend Mr. Sarcasm....:thumbsup:

Sorry, missed that one - it flew tight over THIS Cuckoos Nest :laugh:

Some of the messages on here though, I mean, really... :)

If this is true Craig - apologies (well, you're not going to deny it now are you)

Look , if you're going o be sarcastic and you're American, you have to give us foreigners a small clue, because sometimes it just doesn't come out right..:)

Like just then....:uneasy:

Keith+Pete....You guys should know me better than that, I was just talking drunk smack on Craiks level....Honestly speaking I have 4 children plus a lovely wife and I carry a gun every where I go....sorry but thats just how I roll.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Police revealed Sunday that one of the teens confessed to the crime and said he did it for the “fun of it"...The boy who has talked to us said, 'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody"...That teen and the others remain in custody, and Ford said the district attorney is expected to file charges Tuesday. It wasn't known if the three will be charged as adults or juveniles (???!!!). They were to appear in court Tuesday afternoon..."

They'd darn well BETTER be charged as adults. Too bad the law says they can't be given the death penalty because of their current age. Dirtbags all...

Police say teens killed Australian student in Oklahoma for the 'fun of it' | Fox News

Is it possible that these 3 punks would ever contribute to our world nearly as much as they have taken?????? probably NOT..
I say we kill all three swiftly.

Keith

I might subscribe to that view if it actually solved something. I believe we had a burgeoning "bring back hanging" movement here in the UK as well, but something got in the way of a full blown return to what some would describe as "natural justice"

It was called "unsafe convictions"

Keeping people in a zoo doesn't work either in fact, some would argue that it's even more barbaric.

As ever, the answer would appear to be a compromise. "Atoning" for the crime would to me, at least, meaning setting the records straight, or balancing the Book of Life.

A killer would be in Public Service for the rest of their natural lives.

It would have to be worked out but an atonement - a public service in the public eye for life - that might have some positive impact.

OK Vigilantes! You may have the floor back! Off with their heads!

Keith

Keith+Pete....You guys should know me better than that, I was just talking drunk smack on Craiks level....Honestly speaking I have 4 children plus a lovely wife and I carry a gun every where I go....sorry but thats just how I roll.:thumbsup:

Yep! I 'fess. You got me. Acutally, Pete and I were discussing the relative merits of deep depilation at the time so we may have been a lttle distracted.

<wriggle wriggle wriggle> :shifty:

Keith

What! On a shapely blonde? :stunned:

No no Jack, not as a punishment - as an off topic entertainment!

Not for killers - for killer Blondes. Oh dear..

I might subscribe to that view if it actually solved something. I believe we had a burgeoning "bring back hanging" movement here in the UK as well, but something got in the way of a full blown return to what some would describe as "natural justice"

It was called "unsafe convictions"

Keeping people in a zoo doesn't work either in fact, some would argue that it's even more barbaric.

As ever, the answer would appear to be a compromise. "Atoning" for the crime would to me, at least, meaning setting the records straight, or balancing the Book of Life.

A killer would be in Public Service for the rest of their natural lives.

It would have to be worked out but an atonement - a public service in the public eye for life - that might have some positive impact.

OK Vigilantes! You may have the floor back! Off with their heads!

Supervised Public Service is expensive and would not work otherwise.
Immediate harsh (physical) discipline to include the most rude measures in public has always worked! "Off with their heads" does come to mind.

Keith

Supervised Public Service is expensive and would not work otherwise.
Immediate harsh (physical) discipline to include the most rude measures in public has always worked! "Off with their heads" does come to mind.

Yes but hardly a "deterrent" - isn't that what it is supposed to be?

Or is it Revenge?

Or, just a way of demonstrating to the general public that justice is SEEN to be done.

I don't know, and I just get a bit ill thinking about it. I could not, in any shape or form witness such an act alone pack a picnic and take the family along for the day That's just me I guess.

I'm not going down this road anymore. I really don't like it.

Sorry

Tyburn 'Fair' - Now Known as Marble Arch - London

The word Revenge has a harsh tone that many folks don't like....I'd perfer using the the term "earned reward" and it's simply wrong not paying these punks the death they earned.

Keith

And I suppose the thing that most worries me about the entire 'swift justice' route is that one day I might have been fatally 'judged' by a guy with a gun in his hand who had just got it plain wrong - but was using a similar logic and morality.

Hope you get that point - because it is vitally important in my view.

Of course, if you care not for collateral damage and that all such damage is an acceptable risk in order to achieve your swift justice for the general good of the community, then I suppose that argument has got merit too.

I don't know how you would get a mandate though.

Back