Jonathans RCR 40 Build

I also fabricated some filler necks to connect the tanks the caps. The caps were 2 inch and the tanks are 1.5 inch. There is also a significant dog leg to negotiate. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• IM000666.JPG
    IM000666.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,357
I also got the radiator mounted, the fans wired, and the nostril installed. Here is a shot of the completed front clip:

Attachments

• IM000665.JPG
    IM000665.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,458
I was wondering if you changed the inlet on the tanks to match the new caps. Fortunately I had all the materials to make the dog legs lying around. The spacers would have saved me a few hours. I guess I should have asked but I did not think that you would have them.

Do you want me to throw some in the mail....they are waterjet to exact dimension of the base......
Original caps sit very low but I had more than one request so we made some for stock....

Fran, please do send me a set of spacers. Please toss some window hardware in the box too and I will send you a check for the hardware. Do you have an AC unit to ship me yet?

I have been asking customers to pester my supplier to let them know that they are way behind on supply/demand.....

PM me and I will give you their number..so you can do it too.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Nice work Jonathan. Feels good as it goes together doesn't it. Yours is looking great!

Hey Fran, I'll take that number too.

Cheers,

You guys have given me enough grief about the flat tire that I decided to get the tire mounted. I have to admit, it makes the car look a lot more complete even without the roof on it.

Attachments

• IM000672.JPG
    IM000672.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,639
Looking great Jonathan! Your filler tubes are perfect. I've been struggling too, because no one makes 1.5" fuel hose. I have the 1.5" fill nipple

Bill, McMaster-Carr has fuel hose in 1.5 inch but they have a 5 foot minimum order at about $10 a foot. If I can't find another source we cut split up an order.

The problem with that hose is it isn't flexible enough to make the tight bends needed to connect the cap to the tank.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Bill,
I was at the shop of a fellow RCR builder a few weeks ago and he used flexable hose and added the springs out of a lower radiator hose to keep the hose from kinking.Seemed to work very well.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
May be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway- the spacers are to raise the entire Le Mans cap higher in the front clip, right?

If so, I'll take a pair Fran.

I decided to polish the rear uprights and control arms while I had them off. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• IM000673.JPG
    IM000673.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IM000675.JPG
    IM000675.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,195
Back