Christmas in July.....

Yesterday a very large and very heavy package appeared at my door from the Great White North...from Ian at CAV Canada. I eagerly opened it up and therein was a pair of new lower A arms and four new uprights!

These parts are hand made by Ian and they are quite simply superb. The quality of workmanship is stunning. The welds are beautiful, the parts are precision cut/machined and then continuous TIG welded with a very steady and patient hand.

The uprights are fabricated steel and include a nice venting feature with holes drilled all around the bearing carrier/hub. This helps to keep the bearing a little cooler and also transfer some of the heat coming from the discs and through the bearings into the surrounding heatsink metal and air. A LOT of highly skilled labor went into these.

The pre-100 CAV monocoques have aluminum uprights. The rear uprights are probably OK in that they don't appear to fail with time and a bit of corrosion. The front uprights, however, are a serious risk to safey I believe, particularly if your CAV is driven a lot and hard, and with exposure to corrosives like salt. Personally, I wouldn't drive a pre-100 CAV on the track with the stock uprights.

Ian kindly supplied all the hardware as well. Now I just have to find the time between 4 kids and a very busy job to get these parts on the car.......hhhhhmmmm

Thanks Ian!

Attachments

• newuprights5.jpg
    newuprights5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 541
  • new upright1.jpg
    new upright1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 606
  • new upright2.jpg
    new upright2.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 563
  • new upright3.jpg
    new upright3.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 535
  • new lower A arms.jpg
    new lower A arms.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 504
Hi Cliff, just got my chassis and body parts on monday... i may be able to use your old parts if you want to pass them on.. let me know thanks richard

Back