Mendeola's new GT40 transaxle...

Just back from SEMA, a new transaxle for GT40's from Mendeola. Should run about $11,500.00 USD. They showed it installed into a Superformance MKI, mated to a 500 HP Roush 302. More to come on their website soon.

Hey, there is some great news! Any idea on when it will be released and what their production capability will be?

The guy at the Mendeola booth, Kevin, told me the first 11 units were already spoken for, so the early units are close to shipping. After that, who knows? He did go on to say that they were looking at possibly putting together some engine/transaxle combos working in conjunction with Superformance and Roush. It's a really nice looking unit BTW. Options for cable and link shifter, as well a paddle shifter option in the works.

Hey Ian,

Very ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwww...

Work has been really busy, I've been locating parts mostly and researching. I've turned wrenches a couple of days, but for the most part, it's been organization type stuff. I've got three kids too, so between Little League, Football, homework, Boy Scouts, gymnastics, etc... Free time has been hard to come by! Winter is looking good right now - hopefully I'll get some fuel system and cooling system plumbing done.

I hope all is well with you.

Cheers!

Juan

My Superformance dealer called me from the SEMA show. He had just spoken with Kevin (Mendeola).
Kevin told him that as soon as the show was over, the transaxle in the GT40 at the show was being shipped to Superformance in South Africa to make sure it is compatible with both the MK1 and MK2.
No time-frame was given for delivery if all went well.

I don't get Mendelola...
It's going to be 3 months, then it's going to be 3 months and if you talk to them again, it's going to be 3 months .... and now there is no delivery time. How in the hell do you run a business like that? Anyway for those who would like to see the box they may actually sell someday....here it is.

SEMA - a candy store for big kids

Attachments

• Sema 2007 004.jpg
    Sema 2007 004.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,324
  • Sema 2007 005.jpg
    Sema 2007 005.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,301

Attachments

• SPF rear deck.jpg
    SPF rear deck.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,128