The "perfect replica"?

Keith

Are they really CS marked fake spinners? :laugh:

Perfect!

But, needs neon to complete the package.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Although it isn't how I would do it, it is a very clean and complete car. At $65K asking price it isn't too far off a fair first listing price either. I have seen a LOT worse go for that much in the past but in todays market it may priced be a liitle high. We will see what it sells for.

Sorry, I wouldn't give near that for this "perfect replica" especially after I've seen what's available right now and viewed on this forum for a wee bit more than the asking price of this hedious (IMHO) 40.

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I'd say there is no "perfect replica". These cars tend to be a representation of an individual's taste, much as mine is to me. My car is perfect for me (at least I'm aiming for perfection), but will definitely not trigger a desire in someone else.

I think the biggest hurdles here for me would be the wheels and the interior. I don't care for the paint, but that is pretty easy to change. The dash and the lug wheels (if offset isn't right) would be expensive and time consuming IMHO.

Regards,

Ron

I like the "it was found that the container leaked seawater" bit..... Apparently it was a total write off at the point as the ins. co paid full value. So it wasn't just a matter of moldy carpets. I suspect it was pretty severe damage - seawater is very corrosive. Who knows what the chassis is like under that new undercoating.

Good to see that "narrow hip" and "single holley" and "no snorkels" are all "minimum spec". I was under the mistaken impression that some of the original Lemans cars reflected some combination of these characteristics...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I kind of like the color combinations - well without the dark parting stripe between the Lemans stripe and the red...

The interior looks a bit ragged and the piping on the seats is about right for the 70s...

The Mini-Lite wheels would look good on a Trans-Am Camaro or Mustang - but not really very good looking on a Forty...

Back