A new boy on the block

Hi all,
I am one of the guys that have just pooled our cash to get 10 bodies for GT40 built so it should be pretty interesting. Whats good is that everyone is working together to solve problem with our builds. While there are a few different engine choices it may turn out that most people go with the Subaru 6 speed. Anyway we will see.
Tony

Hi Anthony
When I was hunting for a transaxle I looked at the 5 and 6 speed subaru gearboxes...
The 5mt looked to be short enough to fit but the 6 speed looked to be about 100mm too long.
I cant remember where I saw a centre diff lock up tool but found one from England.. about $400 including end cover from what I remember.
Found it using Google. Looked for "using a subaru gearbox as mid-engine transaxle"

Cheers Craig Young

G'day guys,

My name is Treeve (yes, really) and I'm another of the guys in the GroupTen40 build. I'm hoping it should have some great opportunities as we all have different strengths and experiences.

Treeve

Hi guys,
Craig a company called Suabrugears have just come out with a lock for 6 speeds for $250 Aust. I need to talk to the owner Todd because we might be able to cut the case down once the centre diff has been removed or something smart like that. They have also just released adapter plates to match up some V8's to Subaru boxes. The interesting thing about the group is most of us have never meet in person just got to know each other through a OZ clubman forum. So pretty well everyone is into building cars of some sort and as Treeve says we are all a pretty wide range of talents and live in different parts of the country.
Okay so I will come clean 9 of us are going for V8 but I am the odd one out, I want to use a 3.3l 6 cylinder Subaru motor EG33 and run it NA. Goal is to get 300kw plus from it. My aim is to get the GT40 to weight in at 900kg or less.
This Subaru motor was the toughest one they ever built and if need be I can turbo it to get around 500kw. Pretty sure some people will be on my case because I should put in a V8 like everyone else but as Treeve and the other can tell you I never do what everyone else does. Also I am always asking questions. I am like the 57 year old kid that's always asking why.

It maybe a while before I get to much done on my project due to the fact that I have to finish a Clubman build I am working on.
Tony

Wow, just logged in for the first time in a long time, looks like the last time i was here was 14 June 2008.

Suppose I better say hi to everyone again as well.
I'm part of the group of 10 as well. I'm in Melbourne and am looking forward to getting started as well. Things do seem to take longer than expected

regards Ryan

Back