I'm part of the l33t club now

:D

ccwa.jpg

Rotational weigh savings should be fairly decent - my old setup in the rear weighed almost 80lbs/corner, these weigh around 55lbs/corner. W0000t

I went with the black centre caps, engraved CCW logo in silver. Looks awesome ... menacing and classy at the same time.

I too don't have the center caps yet. The CCW logo is great but I think an RCR logo would be better.
What do you think Fran?
I'll post some pics if pics if you do :thumbsup:

What size and type are those Michelins?
If they're the 345/30/18 Pilot sport Cups, where in the hell is everyone getting them?????

Who bought your wheels? Do they need another set? I saw that platinum finish at Doc's, very cool, unique...

I took some comparative pictures while I still have the 19s incase anybody is curious about how the height difference is, or what the rims look like side by side.

Basically the 19s are much taller (duh, lol), and the 18s are fatter.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

In true Alex fashion I had to find a "problem" with the rims - the fitment between them and parts of the lower control arm/upper mount piece are fairly tight in some places (wait...you guys already know this, I'm probably one of the few who didn't get the rims initially, lol!), so when removing/reinstalling the wheel it has to come on/off perfectly straight or you may put a scratch or two on the inside of the barrel (*whistles innocently*.....I might have gotten complacent with the 19s which I could take on/off any old way)

So, out comes the dolly - dolly under the tire, jack up the frame, slide it in, bolt on, slide out dolly...perfectly straight every single time and no scratching the inside :D (if you guys can remove these large guys perfectly straight every single time without a dolly I envy you...I need help, haha!)

dolly1-1.jpg

dolly2.jpg

I figure most of you are already doing this, but maybe there's somebody out there as hopeless as me who didn't realize this yet :D

Wow! What a weight savings! The rear cast rims really weighed almost 50 lbs each (thinking a 30 lb tire)??

tires weighed ~41lbs (they're 19s remember)
(repro) rims weighed ~34lbs (confirmed by multiple places like z06vette - figures vary between 32 and 35lbs for the rims)

ups box was stamped as a 52 or 53lb weight (rim+tire in there), so there's a 20-25lb weigh savings per corner in the rear

:D
Rotational weigh savings should be fairly decent - my old setup in the rear weighed almost 80lbs/corner, these weigh around 55lbs/corner. W0000t

Those are SWEET Alex. That's quite a bit of weight savings !!!
I like the Sinister flat black :evil:

Perry

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I just weighed my 2006 Z06 rear wheel. It's 25lbs. This is not a reproduction wheel. Buy original GM wheels if possible as they are usually lighter.

CCW lists the weight of their 18x13 wheel at 24.3lbs. Not much of a weight savings to be found. No doubt it's stronger though.

I just weighed my 2006 Z06 rear wheel. It's 25lbs. This is not a reproduction wheel. Buy original GM wheels if possible as they are usually lighter.

CCW lists the weight of their 18x13 wheel at 24.3lbs. Not much of a weight savings to be found. No doubt it's stronger though.

That's quite a cash savings.

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I did some searching for replacement wheels on my own C6 Z06. I think CCWs are excellent, and a bargain for sure. Dymag is now back in biz, but only doing motorcycles.

HRE's R40 wheels are pretty light in 18x9.5fr and 18x12 rear. Claimed 16.5 lbs fr and 18.8 rear. Pretty good for forged monoblock Aluminum. R40s don't come in 19 in diameters. So make sure and lower the car, or it will (in my opinion) look out of proportion with the tall rear fascia. $4500 for a set. Not too bad.

Back