0854 just back from painting.

Attachments

• DSCF0387.jpeg
    DSCF0387.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 475

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,

Thats a sight to warm the heart of any car person..............and anyone else for that matter.

Are you bringing any fine art to Monterey?

159 not 166? 002C? How long have you had that car?

"002C" is 002 for some reason a lot think it's 002C but it's clearly stamped 002. We recently restored it back to 159S as raced and victorious at the 1947 Turin GP driven by Raymond Sommers.

I've owned her for many years.

Hello Jim,

Owning these cars I take it you already have the wonderful booklet by Joe Honda. It has some lovely period photographs in it, I feel some of the best around.

John

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jim

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the car in the back left hand corner of that photograph?

Thanks
Ian

"002C" is 002 for some reason a lot think it's 002C but it's clearly stamped 002. We recently restored it back to 159S as raced and victorious at the 1947 Turin GP driven by Raymond Sommers.

I've owned her for many years.

It is challenging to keep facts straight when books/magazines/internet print incorrect info. Thank you for the update. I hope media makes note of your restoration of 002.

Also regarding Duesenberg J-446, I believe I have read conflicting records of the coachwork. Would you say "Franay convertible sedan" is correct?

In a garage full of the best 1960's sports cars, the cars of the '30's add a nice balance, as they were the best of their day as well.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Studz DV 32 Boatail.

DOH!!!!

I seemed to remember that you had a Duesey. I prbably should have really LOOKED at the picture! And one of the first issues of "Automobile Quarterly" I ever got was featuring the Stutz DV32 and Fred Moskovics so I should have known better!

DOH!!!!

I seemed to remember that you had a Duesey. I prbably should have really LOOKED at the picture! And one of the first issues of "Automobile Quarterly" I ever got was featuring the Stutz DV32 and Fred Moskovics so I should have known better!

I also have a Duesenberg J446 Franay bodied dual phaeton convertible sedan.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Okay - I am back up for adoption!

Very nice Jim! :thumbsup:

Back