1.5 mile top speed Northeast event: Battle of the Superkit cars 2012?

Mesa,
The big question is for those running the SLC.
Has RCR produced 50 of those bodies?
If they have then I think they can compete in the Modifed Sports class for the land speed racing part of the event provided safety will tech the cars for a high enough speed, like 200+ Because being limited to 135+/_ 10 would not be much fun.

Where would the other events be held and when?

Regards,
Mark

We are working with Fran to get Steve the data he is looking for to 100% iron out the chassis requirements to go 175+ or 200mph+. The rest of the safety equipment requirements don't seem like they will be an issue.

Fuzzyjk is doing the same by working with FFR to get Steve the chassis info so he can tell him what is necessary before he puts his body on.

I agree: 135mph +/- 10 limit will not be much fun for that event, and won't be worth the trip. A SLC can do 135mph in the quarter mile on a cool day even with a mild crate engine. I'm not sure what Steve and his crew will allow at his event, but if we could setup a standard measuring device a 0-150-0 test would make the trip to Maine worth it just for the safe venue of tuning the chassis/braking bias before we go to any high speed road course event.

Thanks again for all of your insight on the event Mark. You have been a big help.

For the rest of the events, there aren't dates set, but I spoke w/Fuzzy this week and we agreed we will do the drag event in NJ. My friends rent out Atco multiple times in the early Spring and Fall to take advantage of cool weather and we can run as much as we want at our leisure during those days. I will post up once the date(s) are set. Autocross and HPDE's are being looked into as well for 2012.

Who else plans on participation or attending the events in 2012? Regardless of which car they are bringing?

All,
Have there been any updates?

Loring has posted prices $250 for July which is 3 days of racing and $200 for september which is 2 days of racing.
Mark

Back