2024 GT40 Reunion?

Ron McCall

Supporter
Rick,

That's really cool ! Any chance that I could join in with the Pantera?

Ron

Attachments

• 20230804_112718.jpg
    20230804_112718.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 135

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rick,
I'm considering to fly over from Germany and this needs some pre-planning.....

Do you have any hotel recommendations (close to track / good connection with public transportation and somewhat affordable etc.)
Any other tips around town?
We might connect this with a vacation trip (2 weeks)....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Markus

Markus,

We will have a list of hotels, Airbnb, VRBO and campgrounds shortly. The track is in the Pittsburgh metro region so lot to do. Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater" house is about an hour away, lots to do in Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix races at Schenly Park are the following weekend Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix | Home (pvgp.org). Plus, a full slate of car related events all week with parties, shows and more.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
OK,
It is coming together! Here are the basic parts of the event:
  • We have six acres of paved area for parking and display. Your "Master" entry will get you and your GT in with secured parking for your car as well as trucks and trailers.
  • Your entry will get you a lanyard with your I.D., car chassis number, possibly a picture of the car, and indicate all of the events you are signed up for. A "swag bag" with numerous GT related items and other things will be included as part of your entry.
  • Additional crew, family, friends, etc. will be issued lanyards at a modest cost. The Saturday lunch will be included with this.
  • Friday evening a gathering will be held in a hotel, the Pittsburgh Marriott North about 20-25 minutes from the track. This will include a one hour no-cost beer and wine bar, a dinner with three choices of menu and an after-dinner program of speakers, videos, meet and greets and more. If you don't want to buy the dinner, you are still welcome to attend after the dinner for a small fee. There will be a cash bar available.
  • There will be several vendors with GT related items including cars on site.
  • We will have four "on track" events over the three days. These include:
    • Paced, but spirted laps for all cars that purchase the option. Passengers will be allowed, and no helmets are required.​
    • "Open track" time. This will require tech inspection and helmets, no passengers. This is also an extra cost option.​
    • A "GT only" race on Sunday. This will require a prepared car with full race safety equipment, i.e., fuel cells, roll bars, etc. the driver must hold competition license from a recognized organization such as SVRA, SCCA, HSR, etc. This is a optional item with extra cost.​
      • Cars entered for the GT race may also compete in the PVGP "Ground Pounder" class for additional track time including practice and race event. This also extra cost but selecting this will include the GT race at no extra cost. See Race Groups – PVGP Historics | PVGP.
  • Additional, GT owners will have the opportunity to provide rides during the lunch break. These are done to raise money for the PVGP charities. People pay for a one lap ride around Pitt Race and there is a long line of people looking for a once in a lifetime experience in a GT. Fun for both driver and his guest passenger and a benefit to the charities.
Lots more information to come. We will have costs, a list of hotels with special pricing and more shortly. Our websites will go live in a couple of weeks and news and details will be on them.

To get on the list for email details please email: [email protected] and put "GT reunion" in the subject line.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and everyone having a great time! We can't wait.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Forgot! What do you want to see? Perhaps a driving tour? A bus trip for family members who don't think hanging around a race track is good fun(!)....there are several interesting attractions in Pittsburgh. The funicular, Frank Lloyd Wrights "Fallingwater" house and more. Tell us and we will work on them.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
More good stuff happening every day. Please note, this event is welcoming all "Ford GTs", i.e., FAV/JWA cars, Kar Kraft (both old and new), continuation cars (Superformance, Safir, Holman-Moody, etc. AND replicas. Now replica doesn't mean a Fiberfab with a VW chassis (although you are welcome to attend, you just won't be able to park with the rest of the GTs) and both the 2005-2006 Ford GTs and the 2017-2022 cars. The more, the merrier!

It is looking like some very famous cars will be in attendance, you should be also!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hotel details will be announced after Thanksgiving. We will have a "host" hotel with a large block of rooms reserved at special pricing and the ballroom for the Friday evening event. There are numerous other hotels within minutes of the host hotel so no problem if the rooms sell out or you have points for a different hotel chain. Plus, VRBO and Airbnb homes close by both the track and Cranberry where the host hotel is. Camping is available at Pitt Race for $10.00 per night or other campgrounds within easy distance.

Some speakers for Friday's event are already online and more to come. We will announce the program and speakers in a few weeks.

Some entries for the "All GT Race" on Sunday are already confirmed so plan on an entertaining race.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rick,
I'm considering to fly over from Germany and this needs some pre-planning.....

Do you have any hotel recommendations (close to track / good connection with public transportation and somewhat affordable etc.)
Any other tips around town?
We might connect this with a vacation trip (2 weeks)....

Thanks in advance.

Reg
Markus
When our websites go live early December there will be info on other attractions in the area and a list/map of hotels, etc. We are working on a shuttle for Friday and Saturday that will run between the track and downtown Pittsburgh, https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/ Fallingwater (Frank Lloyd Wright designed home https://fallingwater.org/) and the Grove City Outlet Mall https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/grove-city understanding that spouses and other family members may not consider hanging around a racetrack "fun". We may also have a shuttle between the track and the hotel for those who don't have a car. We are open to other suggestions to make this a fun, family event.

Rick, thanks kindly for putting this together. You've got an email, count my RCR GT40 in for next year.

I'll try and drag @Adam H along as well assuming his is ready! :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rick, thanks kindly for putting this together. You've got an email, count my RCR GT40 in for next year.

I'll try and drag @Adam H along as well assuming his is ready! :)
We have a lot of people who said "Hey, my car won't be done/built, etc. but we are coming anyways!" There will be a lot going on so even without a car you will be entertained. Off to Pittsburgh Sunday for two days of meetings with vendors, caterers, etc. to lock down the events.

We have a lot of people who said "Hey, my car won't be done/built, etc. but we are coming anyways!" There will be a lot going on so even without a car you will be entertained.

I don't know if you'll have the space or time, but an annual car gathering I occasionally go to has a "Liars Concours" where people will write convoluted stories about why their car couldn't make it to the gathering. The best stories are usually read at the big dinner, with one of them getting a prize.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I don't know if you'll have the space or time, but an annual car gathering I occasionally go to has a "Liars Concours" where people will write convoluted stories about why their car couldn't make it to the gathering. The best stories are usually read at the big dinner, with one of them getting a prize.
Like that idea, start working the stories now......

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Back from two days in Pittsburgh meeting with the PVGP people, looking at hotels and more. Have the event hotel narrowed down to two. Have many commitments for attendees and some for historic GTs to attend. There is gonna be a lot of eye candy and more importantly, sweet sounds from snake bundles.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
So will it be separate display areas for the continuation cars AND the "sort of welcome poor cousin" replicas?

Back