2024 GT40 Reunion?

Does anyone know where and when there will be a 2024 GT40 Reunion? My Google searches aren't showing anything useful.

It's been nearly 30 years and I haven't been to a reunion with my car.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Looking at some options for the US for a gathering. Possibly at the USVGP at Watkins Glen, however track time would be very limited due to the Vintage and Tran Am schedule. We do have some other options. A "I would possibly attend" email will help determine the possibility of the event coming together. Also, whether you would attend with a GT or not will allow better planning. Please contact [email protected]

Last edited:
For Europe,
17-19 May 2024
Spa Classic, Spa Francorchamps Belgium.
GT40 Enthusiast Club is organising a European GT40 meeting with Peter Auto during Spa Classic.
Parking will be infield behind the old pitboxes.
More info to follow, but save the date.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Looking at some options for the US for a gathering. Possibly at the USVGP at Watkins Glen, however track time would be very limited due to the Vintage and Tran Am schedule. We do have some other options. A "I would possibly attend" email will help determine the possibility of the event coming together. Also, whether you would attend with a GT or not will allow better planning. Please contact [email protected]
Why not the Pittsburgh Vintage event ? Similar to what SAAC did this year?

Ron

Doug Dyar

Supporter
Road America. Plenty of room and I know their event coordinator.
I'd attend an event anywhere in the US with enough advanced notice.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Watch this space!

We already have several owners who have indicated they will attend including a few FAV cars so far. We anticipate welcoming all "GT40s", i.e., original FAV/Kar Kraft cars, Safir and Superformance continuation cars as well as ERA/RCR/CAV, etc. replicas.

The plan would be to offer a reserved paddock area for display, parade laps with passengers, optional "hot' laps for cars that pass tech inspection and of course the option of full competition in the PVGP Pitt Race schedule. We would probably have a catered dinner at the track one night for attendees as well as other hospitality.

Pitt Race has a HUGE paved paddock area as well as some of the best facilities we have seen including camping areas, very nice shower/ restroom facilities, a store with many items, ice, etc. There are numerous places to stay within ten miles of the track including B&Bs, Motels, hotels, VRBO/Airbnb, etc.

There is a kart track on property that offers a challenging track...we had a great grudge match race at the SAAC event in July so lots to entertain everybody. Motorsports | Karting | Track Rental | Pittsburgh International Race Complex | Wampum (pittrace.com)

We don't have this locked up yet, but it looks good!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Progress being made! There will be some very interesting cars and events at this. The event is coming together, more to come shortly but save the date!

For Europe,
17-19 May 2024
Spa Classic, Spa Francorchamps Belgium.
GT40 Enthusiast Club is organising a European GT40 meeting with Peter Auto during Spa Classic.
Parking will be infield behind the old pitboxes.
More info to follow, but save the date.
I may try to make it to Spa!

Watch this space!

We already have several owners who have indicated they will attend including a few FAV cars so far. We anticipate welcoming all "GT40s", i.e., original FAV/Kar Kraft cars, Safir and Superformance continuation cars as well as ERA/RCR/CAV, etc. replicas.

The plan would be to offer a reserved paddock area for display, parade laps with passengers, optional "hot' laps for cars that pass tech inspection and of course the option of full competition in the PVGP Pitt Race schedule. We would probably have a catered dinner at the track one night for attendees as well as other hospitality.

Pitt Race has a HUGE paved paddock area as well as some of the best facilities we have seen including camping areas, very nice shower/ restroom facilities, a store with many items, ice, etc. There are numerous places to stay within ten miles of the track including B&Bs, Motels, hotels, VRBO/Airbnb, etc.

There is a kart track on property that offers a challenging track...we had a great grudge match race at the SAAC event in July so lots to entertain everybody. Motorsports | Karting | Track Rental | Pittsburgh International Race Complex | Wampum (pittrace.com)

We don't have this locked up yet, but it looks good!
Rick, Count me IN!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Looking really good! Just dotting some i's and crossing some t's.

Very good possibility of an all "GT" race during the weekend. This would be for competition licensed drivers and race prepped GTs, i.e., fuel cells, comp belts, etc., not fast street cars. If you might be interested in entering such a race, please let me know [email protected].

AutoventureUSA is my company that reproduces parts, runs events such as this, etc. and is separate from Time Machines Motorsports which was my Superformance dealership. I have sold Time Machines to one of my employees but am still involved in sales and parts.

Some of the possible attendees and cars will be wild! As things get locked down I will post here. OI have had some commitments from people who want to attend and most are bringing a car but don't miss this just because you don't have/can't bring a GT. This will be a once in a lifetime event that should equal the 1989 GT reunion and surpass it in attendee events and experiences!

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
.... but don't miss this just because you don't have/can't bring a GT. This will be a once in a lifetime event that should equal the 1989 GT reunion and surpass it in attendee events and experiences!

Rick,
I'm considering to fly over from Germany and this needs some pre-planning.....

Do you have any hotel recommendations (close to track / good connection with public transportation and somewhat affordable etc.)
Any other tips around town?
We might connect this with a vacation trip (2 weeks)....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Markus

Back