347 FORD AND G50

hello to all and thank you for the welcome, I would like to know where to find an complete adaptation kit for 347 Ford windsor and g50.... motor have 50oz imbalance, i need all : clutch, adapter, flywheel.... thanks !

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Jean. This forum has knowledgeable members from all over the world. Hopefully someone can point you in the proper direction so that the shipping won’t cost more than the parts.
Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
a 347ci probably should be 32oz imbalance which is not commonly known I think
( a base EFI 5L 50oz is then bored and stroked to 347ci and assembled with same flywheel and damper ) I assume ?
I'd suggest a neutral balance for that odd ball combo anyways

a 347ci probably should be 32oz imbalance which is not commonly known I think
( a base EFI 5L 50oz is then bored and stroked to 347ci and assembled with same flywheel and damper ) I assume ?
I'd suggest a neutral balance for that odd ball combo anyways
I thought I was up to speed with Ford Stuff, but Ive never struck 32 OZ as a 'known' balance factor? ( 'normal 289/302 & early 351w & c are all 28oz' ) 347 is usually std 4" bore and 3.4" stroke, can be 50 oz or balanced to "0' or neutral with mallory metal if you like. If you did not get balancer , flywheel etc with the engine you might be looking at a balance job anyway which will require a partial teardown.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Well, my only explanation is that the Co. I collect my pension from offers 3 external counter weights 50, 32 and 28 oz
I think that Tickford who built some factory 347 here in Aust. may have instigated such a variation --- I'll dig a bit further - promise

Back