3D Model - Reference car near Seattle?

Kevin! This is amazing, your renders are very next level. I've started modeling a chassis/suspension/interior as well, and will share that out as well.

I think soon we can start working on the body variant options. Then we can build an amazing web configurator for swapping colors/ race tail / vents / wheels etc.

Thanks for contributing to this awesome project!

Well I was thinking just 5% tint for a real car. Would still limit your visibility out the front, lol. Whenever mine gets to that point, I definitely want some tint, just hate to cover up the view of the engine more than anything.

Both of you have some serious talent, it's pretty awesome watching it come together. This could bring the configurator on the Superlite site to the next level of awesome!

I tried opening the files in post #28 by Mason - has anyone else had luck opening this? I was just going to throw it onto the 3D printer but there are some missing patches in the model. If anyone's been successful in opening or printing the model, could you shoot me the STL file you used? Thanks!

I would definitely be interested in a copy....would like to build one from scratch i own a pretty good size cnc router and would like to be able to slice the model into individual body panels or have a negative of the body panels to create toolpaths

Attachments

• 20190317_174230.jpg
    20190317_174230.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 20190310_212534.jpg
    20190310_212534.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 342
I tried opening them in fusion 360 but have yet to be able to create a toolpath yet for my router to cut....just gotta work on dimensions for the chassis and suspension now

Last edited:
Back