427 side oiler blocks

I have 2 side oiler blocks I want to sell. I thought someone here might like a stab at them before I put them out on the market. They are both old race blocks made with high nickel content iron. When new they were a lot of 10 that were sent to the first owner( I am the second owner) to have them xrayed for core shift. He kept the best and the other 8 were sent to H-M for their racing program. I was going to build one up to race but I have since decided not to. They are over bored around .055 on one and .080 on the other. the .055 block has one sleeve. I want to run a 12.5 compression motor and I just don't feel good about spending 15K on a motor and wishing I had spent another 5 on a block.They should run 11.5 compression just fine and work real well in a restoration or street Cobra etc. I want 1400 each which is what they cost me.

Bill

Holy cow - +80 thou overbore !!!
I've been told these are only good for a safe max +30, as the walls are too thin for more than that reliably. I'm amazed it would put up with such a high compression at such a large overbore.

Speak to Keith Kraft, I'm sure he will snap them up.

If you have any other side oiler parts, especially GT40 specific bits like dry sump, front cover, etc, please send me a message.

All the best,
John.

Bill Parham might like them and he may take them in trade on one of his better blocks...

Or.....
Just sell me your car and I'll get the motor for it since I'm local. I always wanted a MK IV but they are getting more and more difficult to find for sale and in good condition.....!
This is the guy with all the Sideoilers:
Bill Parham
Southern Automotive
770 898 9360
Located in Georgia

Bill, do you have any date codes on the 427 blocks? I wouldn't mind getting one for my '66 427 SC Cobra (original) but need a block with a late-1965 to early-1966 date code. Thanx.

DON S.

Don,
These blocks were not used in a street car as they were racing blocks. The place where a number would have been stamped just as an "HP" stamped. There are no other date numbers cast into the block. The valley has a 66 427 cast in and the back has a P 427 cast in . I will look at my ID book tonight to see if I can find a casting number.

Pat,
Yes I am me. I will send you a PM

Don,
The date code of both blocks is 2F15 which makes them 1972 blocks.
Johan, how bad would you like a MK4? If you are serious send me a PM

I'm not sure how to send you a PM. Maybe through your profile ?
Of course I want one , and gave it a lot of consideration recently, but I ended up letting it go.It seems like everyone is more interested in a different type of car these days.

Back