5.7 litre Chevrolet Chevette

Keith

A chap called Mick French ran a Boss 302 in Ascar - he tried it with a 427MR but it was all understeer! Flogged the engine and box to me. Probably not the car you recall tho'.

Yes I knew Mick. Brilliant car - wonder what happened to it?

Glenn M

Supporter
Bloody Hell Keith! Stroods!

God, that name brings the memories flooding back! That was the place to go when I was finishing my A levels. :scholar: I'd forgotten all about it as it's long since been flattened. Was it yours when the roller disco craze hit? :afro: That was fun! A great place for pulling!

Glenn

Keith

Yes it was we took it over in 1981 I suppose and changed the name to the more posh 'Hickstead Motor Hotel'. The night-club was called Cinderella's then Dance Factory. The roller disco was phenomenally successful.

We may have even met, although with another 10 or so outlets I would only be there once or twice a week at most.

Who can forget Devo & Whip It?

If you were on the end of the whip you would probably be doing 40mph and pulling 5gs!

Great fantastic days.... :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=IIEVqFB4WUo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo&feature=kp

Turn it up!

Keith

Well that's two of you I've taken money from! Cinderella's/Dance Factory was do popular we had punters travelling from deepest Kent even as far as Dover!

Of course we has the 32 room motel as well, so, er, ideal really...:stunned:

Thought I might just chuck some pics of my Chevette and the first one I built and Co Drove for my mate who now has an ex works HS Chevette he runs in historic events
The first shots are the same day My own car see if you can spot the body mods by the end of the day The Red an White car is the first one I built, I did call this corner as a "Hard Left" But flat in 3rd is not what should be attempted for a Hard Left and the result speaks for its self. cheers Leon.

Attachments

• Past Projects 005.jpg
    Past Projects 005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 228
  • Past Projects 001.jpg
    Past Projects 001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Past Projects 007.jpg
    Past Projects 007.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Past Projects 008.jpg
    Past Projects 008.jpg