512M anyone??

John..
ref; P4 the other thing you notice is that you can actually buy a replica...good luck buying a real one....:D ....too many zeros in the price tag for me....

I have one 512 body and do not plan on replicating it...so it would be a one off car......so be quick....:)

Fran,

How did they do the body, was it copied from an original car? Or was it taken from a scale model and processed using CAD/CAM software like I read from one of the South African members? How accurate will it be?

Will you use the monocoque you use for the 40 and T70 or design something new? Will Ferrari (lawyers) react?

John

Then body car from moulds taken from an original.

The chassis will be whatever someone pays us to build....as its a "one off"...but I will probably steer it in the direction of mono front tub with tubular engine bay section....otherwise I will moth ball it and keep it for myself one day......

This car will NOT be priced similarly to our other "system engineered" cars such as the RCR40 or the RCR70/P4......

I dont know what Fcar lawyers will say because we dont build Fcars....we build RCR cars.....there is a 512 recreation already available, Mike Sheehan has one for sale,approx $300K

Fran,

I just saw this post. You continue to amaze me! So what's next from your skunk works? Just don't lose your focus on that beautiful RCR40.

Hi Fran,

I have been admiring your P4 replica for some time and now I see the lovely 512M (saw an original racing two weekends ago - impressive) one-off you have there. With an eye towards the desirability of (eventually) a healthy number of your P4s on the road in order to provide an owner network, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the possibility of the Fcar lawyers deciding to try to take some contrary action? In other words, do you think there is any legal risk in P4 replica production from the standpoint of Fcar blocking maneuvers? I suspect they would claim that regardless of whether "Ferrari" is used in the promotional process (you're too smart to use it I'm sure), it is clear that the car is a copy of a vintage Ferrari and is therefore "confusingly similar" in legal speak in the patent and copyright/IP legal world. Perhaps not an issue but just thought I'd ask.

We have had our RCR P4 on the market for a couple of years without issue.
The legal issues other replica companies have had is not from Ferrari themselves but from the dealers ...one attorney in particluar made it his mission to band the dealers together and remove the replicas from the scene....
Ther are now many 355/360 style cars on the market so maybe things are becoming a little more rational..
There is absolutely no way of knowing what an attorney may do...
Sorry for the vague answers but I dont have a crystal ball either.....

Best scenario....buy one now and you wont have to worry.....:D

John..
ref; P4 the other thing you notice is that you can actually buy a replica...good luck buying a real one....:D ....too many zeros in the price tag for me....

Sorry, missed that one. Didn't mean to speak badly of your product. As a matter of fact I have never seen your P4, only some replicas in the UK. Wasn't that the car originally developed by Lee Noble and later turned into the Foreman P4 or something?

I'll share a picture of the real one at the 1967 Le Mans race and one of another favourite of mine.

John

Attachments

• 330 P4 Le Mans 1967.jpg
    330 P4 Le Mans 1967.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 612 CanAm.jpg
    612 CanAm.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 448
Back