917 drawings

Went a bitt more artistic with this one....

Attachments

• Porsche 917-30 sunoco.jpg
    Porsche 917-30 sunoco.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 566
I really, really like your latest. Great pop art theme.

I was a professional artist for a couple of years in my 20's, but working on stuff that I wasn't interested in eventually just crushed any interest I had in drawing and painting.

I haven't picked up a pencil for 18 years, not seriously, but I'm working with 3D modelling now ( not as a job, just for fun ). It requires some talent and some skills, but it isn't as difficult as what you are doing.

I really, really like your latest. Great pop art theme.

I was a professional artist for a couple of years in my 20's, but working on stuff that I wasn't interested in eventually just crushed any interest I had in drawing and painting.

I haven't picked up a pencil for 18 years, not seriously, but I'm working with 3D modelling now ( not as a job, just for fun ). It requires some talent and some skills, but it isn't as difficult as what you are doing.

Thanks, what kind of work did you do, maybe you can show some examples?

Thanks, what kind of work did you do, maybe you can show some examples?

The subjects I liked to draw and paint were military aircraft and motorcycles, my professional work was for a company who produced Dungeons and Dragons style games, something I'm not at all interested in - I just did it for the money.

I don't have anything to show :( my hobby artwork was mostly lost after moving house several times, and the Dungeons and Dragons type stuff I would rather just forget about :)

I think you have a very special talent - you can capture the shape of the cars with a great deal of accuracy, but at the same time place them in a setting that suggests movement, speed and fluidity.

I was OK at making a drawing or painting of an aircraft or motorbike with every bolt and rivet in the correct place, but the result was kind of...boring.
But I didn't have the skill to be a technical illustrator either.

What are you working on now ?

The subjects I liked to draw and paint were military aircraft and motorcycles, my professional work was for a company who produced Dungeons and Dragons style games, something I'm not at all interested in - I just did it for the money.

I don't have anything to show :( my hobby artwork was mostly lost after moving house several times, and the Dungeons and Dragons type stuff I would rather just forget about :)

I think you have a very special talent - you can capture the shape of the cars with a great deal of accuracy, but at the same time place them in a setting that suggests movement, speed and fluidity.

I was OK at making a drawing or painting of an aircraft or motorbike with every bolt and rivet in the correct place, but the result was kind of...boring.
But I didn't have the skill to be a technical illustrator either.

What are you working on now ?

Aircrafts are one of my favorite subjects to, hopefully i will be able to do some in the future. I have a lot of respect for the artist that come up with that kind of fantasy drawings, i was all ways terrible when i had to draw from my imagination...

greetings Miha,

just reviewing your latest efforts. excellent results!
would like to let you know -- i bought a house & have moved
my shop over. one of the joys of the purchase was getting the
Ferrari artwork into the house & finding a nice large wall for its
presentation. don't know if the house was for this piece or
this piece was meant for this house !
don't know if this technical illustration as Sid mentioned is your genius
or not --- but this personal style of "movement" you imbibe
into your portraits gets a lot of compliments from my viewers when they are shown the Ferrari . . . . .

scott

Hi Scott i am glad to hear that, hope you are doing well and congrats on the new house. Here are two of my latest creations...

Attachments

• Drag race s.jpg
    Drag race s.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 441
  • Porsche 917 LHs.jpg
    Porsche 917 LHs.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 451
I was asked to do a remake of one of my earlier drawings...

Attachments

• Fight to the finish! 2s.jpg
    Fight to the finish! 2s.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 459
Back