A Texas GT40's event?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
So did we land on the 28th and 29th? If so I will start looking for a trailer to bring the car down from Chicago.

Yes, the plan is September 28-29 with The Driver's Edge.

For the track event, their registration starts on July 28th, as I indicated previously. They have been known to fill up quickly, so the early bird gets the worm in this case.

I can start listing attendees, if y'all want me to, and that way we all know who is coming and how many will attend.

I already have 4 Panteras that are coming for sure plus two maybes. More GT40's would sure be good!

Regards,
Kirby

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Kirby there are several people just to the north and east of me with 40s, I'll see what I can do.

Are you going to start a list?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
The feedback so far has been short of what I thought the interest was, but I expect it to pick up once we get more attendees confirmed.
Fall in Texas is usually very, very nice, by the way...

I'm posting this on GT40s.com, SCPOCA (our local Space City Panteras forum) and the Detomaso forum so everyone stays up-to-date... I know several of you will get this three times.
:)

The event will be held in conjunction with 'The Driver's Edge'
The Drivers Edge

If you want to be sure to get on the track, you need to sign up as soon as they open registration on July 28.

Remember, you don't have to go out and beat the crap out of your car.
It's an opportunity to do some spirited driving safely and no worries about
those guys with the nice red and blue lights on top of their cars.
Or, you can push it as hard as you want. There are 4 groups; green, blue, yellow and red.
The website above explains the entire setup.

In the past, with enough attendance and interest, we've had drives to wineries, car shows with judging, etc.
Up to y'all.

Panteras
------------------------
David Bell - Pantera
Rob Pink - Pantera
Ed Nagel - Pantera (still some work to do on restoration)
Kirby Schrader - Pantera
Richard Greenblum - Pantera (no track, still has some final work to do on restoration)

GT40s
---------------------
Mike Trusty
Kirby Schrader
Jack Houpe
Kevin L from Chicago
Daryl Adams
Julian Kift?
Glenn Bilawsky - GT40 + Lola? (Lolas are certainly welcome)
Randy Farnsworth

If you plan to attend, let me know, please!

I will continue to update this as I get more information.

Thanks,
Kirby

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you Kirby for organizing this. My desire to attend is very high but am dealing with health issues with my parents. My mom just got out of the hosp from breaking her hip a few weeks back and Tue night my dad fell and split his head open and now he is in the hosp. My life and time are consumed right now with all these problems. Just a case where my priorities are not aligning with life right now.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Further info to that below. I contacted Rick at The Driver's Edge asking him about any discount, etc. etc.

His reply as follows. Note his reinforcement of getting registered ASAP when he opens the registration on July 28th.

Quote:
Hey Kirby,

TWS in Sept. 28-29 reg has not opened yet it will 7/28/13 at 9:00 AM

Sweet, love the old iron...if they are Greens and Blues they need to sign up as soon as it opens.

We dropped the Car Club discount program.

The new registration system is in place to give all a fair chance to get in...

Looking forward in seeing you guys then.

See YOU at the track,

Rick Schwalenberg
The Drivers Edge

The feedback so far has been short of what I thought the interest was, but I expect it to pick up once we get more attendees confirmed.
Fall in Texas is usually very, very nice, by the way...

I'm posting this on GT40s.com, SCPOCA (our local Space City Panteras forum) and the Detomaso forum so everyone stays up-to-date... I know several of you will get this three times.
:)

The event will be held in conjunction with 'The Driver's Edge'
The Drivers Edge

If you want to be sure to get on the track, you need to sign up as soon as they open registration on July 28.

Remember, you don't have to go out and beat the crap out of your car.
It's an opportunity to do some spirited driving safely and no worries about
those guys with the nice red and blue lights on top of their cars.
Or, you can push it as hard as you want. There are 4 groups; green, blue, yellow and red.
The website above explains the entire setup.

In the past, with enough attendance and interest, we've had drives to wineries, car shows with judging, etc.
Up to y'all.

Panteras
------------------------
David Bell - Pantera
Rob Pink - Pantera
Ed Nagel - Pantera (still some work to do on restoration)
Kirby Schrader - Pantera
Richard Greenblum - Pantera (no track, still has some final work to do on restoration)

GT40s
---------------------
Mike Trusty
Kirby Schrader
Jack Houpe
Kevin L from Chicago
Daryl Adams
Julian Kift?
Glenn Bilawsky - GT40 + Lola? (Lolas are certainly welcome)
Randy Farnsworth

If you plan to attend, let me know, please!

I will continue to update this as I get more information.

Thanks,
Kirby

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
All,

What am I missing?

Is the venue not acceptable?
Too far away?
Lousy timing?
Too early for folks to plan?

The response has been pretty underwhelming after all the discussion about having a get together.

Just so you know, the event will happen regardless, but I'm surprised at the lack of interest!

Just wondering why in Magnolia,
Kirby

PLease list me as a tentative Pantera.

I would guess that not everyone is a rabid track rat?

and then remember, there is a sign IN Texas that says "Dallas - 500 miles" - it will be a long ride!

Seems like a "don't miss" event to me.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
PLease list me as a tentative Pantera.
I would guess that not everyone is a rabid track rat?
and then remember, there is a sign IN Texas that says "Dallas - 500 miles" - it will be a long ride!
Seems like a "don't miss" event to me.

David,

Thanks! Next update, I'll have you listed!
:thumbsup:

There's another sign near Beaumont, just as you come into East Texas from Louisiana that says (if I remember correctly) El Paso - 827 miles.... so yeah, it's a drive for anyone. Not nearly as far as California from, say.... North Carolina!
:laugh:

And again, I'd like to reiterate that there are plenty of things to do besides going on the track. We just need to get a decent number of folks who want to do 'other things' and we can organize them.

Kirby

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Maybe that's it. I'm not sure Texas is a "destination". For the track rats its perfect but how many will load up the wife to go to inland Texas for a "getaway"? How many GT40 owners are there in the states anyway? I think the SPF event this summer in Colorado will have a couple hundred cars show up. Not even sure they are having a track day on a road course but they are scheduling several drives through the Rockies over the course of the week.In any case my hat is off to you Kirby for trying to put this together. If things will just settle down with my dad I will be looking for a cancellation or a way to attend and participate. Would be a fantastic time.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Registration was opened yesterday and well, uhhh…. They're full already.
I have registered, but have no confirmation yet of being confirmed. I have contacted Rick Schwalenberg also.

I hope a lot of you got your registration in quickly! Please advise.
Anyone else get in?

The previous email I sent out is below.
Michael Simmons expressed interest in attending with his Ferrari.
I hope you got registered Michael?

Regards,
Kirby

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
There has to be something wrong, 24 hours and its full? Computer glitch? I dropped him an email also. Did you get registered Kirby?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
There has to be something wrong, 24 hours and its full? Computer glitch? I dropped him an email also. Did you get registered Kirby?

Jack,

I checked with him. He claims they filled up the blue and yellow groups within hours.

I and others are on the waiting list. I had NO idea DE was this popular nowadays.

For those who want to attend with others (we still have a big desire from the Space City Panteras guys), we are strongly considering moving it to the TWS PDS

1 day session - Oct 12 (Registration opens 8/28)
2 day session - November 11-16 (Registration opens 10/03)

A couple of Pantera guys are going to both as may I.

FWIW,
Kirby

Back