A very powerful piece of writing by Bryan Forbes

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Brown withdrew the email facility at No 10 "TEMPORARILY" about eighteen months ago. It was ostensibly for improvements but it never came back. The only effective way is to write or email to to your MP and ask him to send it on to Brown or write to the Labour party marking it for Brown at :
The Labour Party
Eldon House
Regent Centre
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE3 3PW

You can also call the Labour Party on 08705 900 200 but I don't think you's get a lot of sense. Their email is a contact page :
Contact Us - The Labour Party

Any mail direct to No 10 goes to a civil service office somewhere else and you are not allowed to go to the door and deliver it yourself. The street is sealed off. Thankyou to the IRA for that.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Have you sent your special birthday card for young Fusilier Tom James
21st birthday ? It doesn't change anything, and it doesn't prove anything, but it shows a lot and maybe it shows you have a soft and warm centre after all.
All my girls have done it as well now.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Have you sent your special birthday card for young Fusilier Tom James
21st birthday ? It doesn't change anything, and it doesn't prove anything, but it shows a lot and maybe it shows you have a soft and warm centre after all.
All my girls have done it as well now.

Sent one from me today.

Will be posting mine tomorrow. Sorry only just seen it.

They can't get Tony Blair for fiddling his expenses - all the documentation has been shredded. I wonder why that happened..........?

Chris

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Subj: Fuel tax - UK Eyes Only

When VAT was temporarily reduced to 15%, the Chancellor added 2% duty to
fuel to offset the reduction in tax collected from motorists. Now that
VAT
has been increased to 17.5% again this hidden tax has not been removed -
hence recent rises in your fuel costs. Sign the petition at the link
below
to have this stealth tax removed!

Petition to: Fuel duty reduction, now VAT has increased to 17.5%, please deduct the duty which was levied when vat was reduced to 15%. | Number10.gov.uk

Please pass this on to your friends - the more the merrier. Happy
motoring!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Four hundred Australian jobs gone in pursuit cost cutting. But the same bastards think nothing of spending a couple of $mill on an abortive climate change conference in Copenhagen.

Cost-cutting by the Australian Defence Force will see diggers sent into combat wearing camouflage material made in China.
The Herald Sun reports up to 400 Victorian textile workers could lose their jobs over the decision, and that concerns over national security have been raised.
The material used in the uniforms is currently made by Bruck Textiles based in Wangaratta, in Victoria's northeast, but a Chinese company will take over making the material for thousands of uniforms.
The move has angered the Australian Defence Association.
"Do we seriously expect our soldiers to fight a war dressed in a uniform made in China," ADA executive director Neil James told the Herald Sun.
"There's a simple dignity issue."
Mr James also said there were national security concerns over having the chemically-treated fabric supplied by a Chinese company.
Opposition industry spokeswoman Sophie Mirabella, whose seat includes Wangaratta, said the decision to make the material offshore was "dangerous" and "unpatriotic".
"Our soldiers risk their lives under the flag and in the uniform of this country," Mrs Mirabella said.
A Defence spokesman confirmed to the newspaper that the material would be made in China, saying a $13 million contract had been won by a Bendigo company who will sew the uniforms in Victoria.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I don't give a fig about your political viewpoints and if you don't want to read things like this in the paddock forum then don't do it.

We are about to witness a massive increase in activity in Afghanistan and I regret we will also witness a massive increase in casualties. I have noticed that the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headly Court (DMRC) has been applying a four weeks on / two weeks off policy for patients because of overcrowding and accomodation facilities. I know there are plenty of local hotels to Leatherhead and Epsom where DMRC Headly Court is located, but could the MOD (Government) pay for them ? No.
Can they (the government ) pay for mortgages for apartments for members of the upper house (House of Lords) who only have to stay in them once a month to qualify? You bet they can and are already doing it. If this riles you and makes you angry, Don't pick up a sword but pick up a pen and register your disapproval by writing to your MP.
Let's hope our guys in Afghanistan can come home soon and we can get out of this crazy situation.
This big push is going to be fearsome.

Evidence that this country is now completely mad

BBC News - Expenses body to cost six times more than MPs' payback

According to my calculations (with 646 MPs and 724 Lords), each one will cost us £4744 per annum to check they arent fiddling. Honesty is obviously an expensive commodity!

Apologies, the official figure is higher (surprise, surprise!) than yesterday's estimate, so it should be £4817 for each person!!

Last edited:
I don't give a fig about your political viewpoints and if you don't want to read things like this in the paddock forum then don't do it.

We are about to witness a massive increase in activity in Afghanistan and I regret we will also witness a massive increase in casualties. I have noticed that the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headly Court (DMRC) has been applying a four weeks on / two weeks off policy for patients because of overcrowding and accomodation facilities. I know there are plenty of local hotels to Leatherhead and Epsom where DMRC Headly Court is located, but could the MOD (Government) pay for them ? No.
Can they (the government ) pay for mortgages for apartments for members of the upper house (House of Lords) who only have to stay in them once a month to qualify? You bet they can and are already doing it. If this riles you and makes you angry, Don't pick up a sword but pick up a pen and register your disapproval by writing to your MP.
Let's hope our guys in Afghanistan can come home soon and we can get out of this crazy situation.
This big push is going to be fearsome.

The rules on expenses for members of the House of Lords have been drafted by a committee of peers with doubtful claims already and was chaired by someone who has also made suspect claims. The whole business appears to have been conducted in order to let those accused of fiddling their expenses of the hook. In my view this is corruption on a large scale and they have now given themselves carte blanche for it to continue...and it is our money at the end of the day. Why can't we have some democracy here and a fully elected upper house?

I will be writing to my MP David, although sometimes I feel like picking up a sword.

Chris

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Chris - don't we all feel like using the sword. I feel like running amok in the Palace of Westminster and feel as though I could personally scythe off many of their heads, and possibly bringing back some sort of sense of reality. I don't know where this is all leading but sooner or later someone will do something really drastic.

Please write Chris and make it very,very strongly worded and make sure it will be forwarded to the PM. Then keep on writing. We have nothing to lose.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The 'Big Push' in Afghanistan started this early this morning.
Called Operation Moshtarak, involving 15,000 soldiers, it had a 24 hr delay
and should have started at 0001 hrs on the 12th.
The delay was to allow possible surrenders but I doubt any happened.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This is possibly the red wine talking, but it seems the lads are still fighting a political war. A 24 hr delay for possible surrenders! For fu#ck sake just turn the area to glass and stop f**cking about.

Back