AC compressor switch

I did a search and looked around but was unable to find any information.

While installing my dash I checked to make sure my ac compressor was coming on, and it was'nt. I noticed the copper hard wire going to the compressor switch broke off. Figuring I am going to be ordering some parts on Monday, I wanted to see if I could fix it. I bored out the hole where the old tube went so the new tube could fit. I tried to solder the line back in without any luck. I am sure I am not the first to have this problem. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180728_181454.jpg
    20180728_181454.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 258
Also, I am trying to find any info on the actual AC unit. I do not have any paperwork showing make, model, ect. If would not mind posting this info, it would be appreciated.

Granville - this is a custom Vintage air unit made for the SLC kit. I don't recall right now what generation it is, I'll see if I can dig around for that information.

The AC switch that's failed on your car is a thermostat. The probe that broke off simply plugs into the top of the black case (goes in an inch or two IIRC). Pull the old one out and run your replacement into the case - it literally just pokes into the black casing an inch or two and that's it.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions while you're going through the install.

Granville - this is a custom Vintage air unit made for the SLC kit. I don't recall right now what generation it is, I'll see if I can dig around for that information.

The AC switch that's failed on your car is a thermostat. The probe that broke off simply plugs into the top of the black case (goes in an inch or two IIRC). Pull the old one out and run your replacement into the case - it literally just pokes into the black casing an inch or two and that's it.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions while you're going through the install.

Cam, thank you for that information. Would this braking off cause my compressor not to turn on?

I did a search and looked around but was unable to find any information.

While installing my dash I checked to make sure my ac compressor was coming on, and it was'nt. I noticed the copper hard wire going to the compressor switch broke off. Figuring I am going to be ordering some parts on Monday, I wanted to see if I could fix it. I bored out the hole where the old tube went so the new tube could fit. I tried to solder the line back in without any luck. I am sure I am not the first to have this problem. Any info would be appreciated.
It's an item that is easy to bend too much and break so I can see how you could have broken it. Fortunately it is an easy swap and you have the correct part above.
Trace the capillary tube( the tube you broke off) to where it goes into the hole in the aluminum under the dash. Straighten the new tube and place it back in the same hole. This tube goes down into the core of the evaporator. Then just wire it the same as the other switch, power in from the fan switch and power out to the trinary switch.

The evaporator unit is a compact mini that has some alterations to fit the SL-C.

I received the switch today, and got the dash back together. Even got a short drive in before the rain. Thank you guys for the info.

Back