An Australian light request

I have just found out that one of my parking llights has given up the ghost. I have searched locally without success, so I am guessing it is of Australian origin(since it came with the car almost 10 years ago). If any of you Aussies have info on this it woiuld help a lot. This bulb is tiny but puts out a lot of light. The housing is 8 x 5.8cm, and the lens of the bulb is about 4.8cm. It seems to be on old type bulb as it has the ceramic plug and the cloth wraped wires. Anyone that can find a source for me would be a great help. I can convert it to another light source but it means altering the fiberglass to do it, and I don't think it would put out the light that this little bulb does.

Bill

P1010200-2.jpg

You need a bulb or the entire light?

Presuming just the bulb, it looks just like a 12v dichloric to me. You could try going to your nearest household store rather an automotive store.

dichroic.jpg

Bill

I am a mechanic and that is not automotive.
The bulb is helogen 12v House low voltage.

I would have thought far to bright for a parker.

Jim

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Bill

I am a mechanic and that is not automotive.
The bulb is helogen 12v House low voltage.

I would have thought far to bright for a parker.

Jim

Have to agree Jim I have them throughout my 'shack' up the lakes district. You have to be careful setting them up as depending on wattage they can generate a lot of heat during continuous use.
david

Back