An Unexpected (but very welcome) visitor

Keith

Hi everyone. Not much happens in Hardy towers these days but I'd like to mention a chap who dropped in to see me today. He is very much part of the GT40 fraternity or should I say GT42.5, him owning a DAX '40. Yes of course, It's Ian Anderson who, unfortunately for us southern shandies, took himself north of the border for family reasons. Thankfully, for me at least, he took time out of his wife Simone's hectic line dancing schedule (you will remember that she won the Word Line Dancing Championship a few years back, in Nashville no less!) and dropped in to see me in leafy Lymington en route to Florida for a well earned vacation in Kissimee? Is that right? sounds ghastly. Anyway, a big shout out to Ian, lovely bloke and it did me a world of good to see someone from the 'real' world. It was hoped that we would see David Morton today, but he has been severely beaten up by health so couldn't make it, but in his honour we drank 4 bottles of Krug, 1 gallon of Limoncello, 6 Caipirinhas and ate 2.5 lbs of Black Pudding with lean back bacon followed by a wheel of Wookey Hole Cheddar washed down with some nice Earl Grey. Wooops!

Last edited:

Keith

Did y'all down a Pepto Bismol chaser after downing all that??? o_O
Hey there Larry. My goodness Haha yes indeed we would have needed it. Regretfully (but probably fortunately) it was in spirit only as a tip of the hat towards some of David's most favoured comestibles. I hope you are well my friend..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey there Larry. My goodness Haha yes indeed we would have needed it. Regretfully (but probably fortunately) it was in spirit only as a tip of the hat towards some of David's most favoured comestibles...

'Figured that had to be the case...but, with you crazy Brits, one never knows!

I hope you are well my friend..

Praise God, we're fine over here, thanks...'far as we KNOW anyway.
Wifey had a 'scare' a few months ago - but, she's 100% back to normal now and medical science 'stats' say she WILL remain that way (she was a 'rock'...I was a basket case).

'Praying you and David experience the same one day soon.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good to read you old friend... Good of Ian to make his way to you... Quite the trip!

Pat

Supporter
Great to hear from you Keith and if you have any contact with Ian, please invite him to stop by the Orlando International Auto Show next week while he's in in the area. We'll be there with the '40. That is if he can tear himself away from the local Kissimmee hot spots such as the alligator farm, the Silver Spurs Rodeo and of course the world famous Old Town Sling Shot and Vomatron...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Keith it was great to catch up, even if just for a few hours.

Heard from David today and he is still doing YoYo trips in and out of hospital, I hope he gets things sorted soon as he has had a difficult year.

Pat I did not make the auto show but would have noticed a Gt40 and presumed it would have been yours, knowing you come from the area.

The break was to get some sun afternoon a busy period at work...... pity storm Bruce came the same time but we got a load of sun and swam a few times. Even paddled in the sea at Clearwater but too cold for this Brit to swim in that.

Actually just back in Edinburgh today great holiday and did a computer detox for two weeks, no screens, no tablets etc and it helps bring reality back into play for me, as being an accountant I spend far too many hours staring at dots on screens.

Keep well folks

Ian

Back