Anybody going to car shows?

Now that things are opening back up? There’s a great one that usually has 300+ cars near me, its July 11, but it’s mostly classic/vintage/antique. I’d be interested in seeing anybody’s cars if someone’s headed to a show now that the season is starting off.

Well things openingback depends on which part of the world you live. It pretty dried up in the Netherlands at the moment.
I am not alowed to travel to the United Kingdom where I normaly vissit a lot of car shows and Belgium is still canceling them..

I must admit, I didn't have my first jab yet as 50+ will get them in the next 4 weeks (age related overhere) and things are just getting out of lockdown step by step now.

Tomorrow I am taking my cobra to my first of the year here in the UK! There were actually two scheduled, but one is waterlogged! They have started up again and I have several booked. Fingers crossed we can keep the infection figures down and they all go ahead. Open air shows will be pretty low risk and we have a good level of vaccinations here. I have had both of mine so am feeling pretty confident!!

Neil

Supporter
I attended a car show here in Tucson, AZ last month. It was very well attended. As usual, I let kids sit on the outside door sill, hold on to my removable steering wheel, and "look like they are going real fast" so their parents can take their picture. I was fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_090812101_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210424_090812101_HDR.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 225

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Show schedules here in the Pacific Northwest 'still 'iffy' at this point.
The 'early' show dates in my area were all cancelled.

My Mrs and I are taking my broker's office manager out to lunch tomorrow though! lol!
(All 3 of us are fully vaxed.)

Wow. What a bummer so many shows are canceled. I hope our NY show will be well-attended, no telling what people’s personal limitations will be.

Niel's out there doing his best to corrupt American youth.
Good work.

Kind of amazing, we have at least one gathering in the Bay Area that has drawn near 1000 cars each month for the last 3 months. Don't really know how that was possible, but somehow it's been happening. Most gatherings are in the 100 to 200 car range.

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
Continuing the activities at Amelia Island, today about 30 classic cars did a parade that ended up by parking and taking over several blocks of downtown Fernandina Beach. Among them was what I think was one of the original street versions of the GT40.
I’ve tried to post two pictures of the car but each time they end up upside down (even when I make them upside down on my iPad and upload them). Weird…but does anyone know how to correct this?
Chet

Continuing the activities at Amelia Island, today about 30 classic cars did a parade that ended up by parking and taking over several blocks of downtown Fernandina Beach. Among them was what I think was one of the original street versions of the GT40.
I’ve tried to post two pictures of the car but each time they end up upside down (even when I make them upside down on my iPad and upload them). Weird…but does anyone know how to correct this?
Chet

Open the pictures on your ipad, rotate them 90 degrees, save them. Then open and rotate back and save again. That will fix them.

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I drove my Fairlane 100 miles to Tupelo Miss. for a car show. They ran out of entry applications at 1300. The following week we drove the Fairlane 140 miles to Unique Open House in Gadsden Ala. Large turn out there. The next week we drove to Pigeon Forge for the four day F-100 truck show. 700 trucks and thousands of people. Largest show they have had in four years. Today we drove about 50 miles to small town show. They expected 75 car but 147 came. All the car shows I have heard about are having record turn outs. I guess people are tired of being lock up!

Back