Anybody know of this ERA?

http://www.gt40club.clara.net/jen.htm

Anybody out there know anything about this car or its history? I thought I'd check here before I contact the owner after the holidays.

I've been lusting after an ERA for a bit now and have been hanging around the various GT40 sites. I visited ERA and confirmed my desire for their version. As tempted as I am to order and build myself, I really enjoy driving hi performance cars and don't look forward to "lack of sportscar" time.

After a few decades of Porsche's, mostly focused on older loud 911's, I find myself a little at odds with the new boxter/996 crowd. I've turned nearly all my Porsche stockpile into $. Rather than build a last monster 993 twin turbo with electronic injection (and the ensuing need for a dyno all the time), I thought I'd go back to my childhood love, the racecars of the 60's.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Chuck

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Car looks nice, and has the right stuff in it, and the asking price is not unreasonable for an ERA built with the right pieces. Only caveat: in some cars, LHD makes the gearshift linkage less precise than does RHD. You might ask ERA about that. It's a pretty car, though, and probably fast as hell, and has the right bits in it.

Back