Anyone know where to get line clips or "P" clips?

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm looking for some metal clips to hold down brake lines etc. I've got a lot of plastic ones, but I don't want to use plastic clips. They look like the letter "P" and have a hole in the stem to secure them. Would like them to be in some sort of coated metal and able to hold 3/16 and 1/4 line. I've checked my favorite place. www.mcmaster.com but can't find anything.

Ron

Ron, I'm pretty sure that in Carrol SMith's book about dasteners he said that Earl's offers them in nice anodized colors. I'm just about ready to plumb my bundy lines and am interested in doing this too.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ron !!
You can get Adel fasteners from Mr. Gasket. They come in a package of six. They are available in the following sizes, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8. Take this link Adel fasteners, go to the fourth catalog selection down (carb. and fuel system), and download the catalog. They are on page 89. I have used them for several years, and they work great. They have a rubber insulation to prevent the line to clamp rub. I also have some very nice plastic clamps that I use. They are not the cheap plastic loop kind. These add a very hi- tech look to most applications. They are for doing two lines at a time, and keep everything well organized. I don't have a link currently for them, but I could send a picture for anyone interested.
Have a great holiday !!! Brian

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Speedway Motors...

Look under the brake section.

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: Neal ]

There is a place up here calles Princess Auto. I remember seeing a ton there and cheap too (not too sure on price, looked cheap at the time) They are metal straps in the shape of a P like you say with rubber lining everywhere except where the bolt goes through, if you cant find any elsewhere, let me know i can pick some up for you.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks guys!!! Hershal called me to and told me how he made his from stainless, nice job! But, if I can just buy them that saves a little time - since I only get time in 1-2 hour blocks anything I can save helps.

Ron

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

If you are refering to rubber insulated clamps, Summit sells these in packs of (10)
for $ 8/pack in all sizes from 1/4" to 1.50". They are listed in the fuel line section.

MikeD

Back