Australian Grand Prix 2006

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Ok, will there be a repeat performance with GT40s members gathering at the infamous Pete's bar again this year?
I'll be there, hope I'm not drinking alone......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bill, unfortunately I won't be able to get there this year,
but I know Peter R is planning to be there to keep the tradition going. Please take plenty of pics of the bar staff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

well do tell us about Hurricane Larry Boy!
hope ya'll are safe and far from the storm.

tommy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tommy, we are about 2000 Klms South of where Larry crossed the coast, and Bill is about that far south again, so we are safe. There was a lot of property damage and the sugar and banana crops are ruined, along with the Barramundi and crocodile farms. No reported
loss of life thank goodness. Thanks for asking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 77476-2103_larry_a.jpg
    77476-2103_larry_a.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 254
Pete,
that's good news! thanks
I follow the F1 live on Speed and try practice silence is golden after the race, for those that get it on a tape delay. Alonso and Schumaker should provide some exciting racing this season.
We can send you some alligators for seed if you are low on crocs. They taste like chicken.

tommy

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bill, unfortunately I'll be a no-show this year, so Peter Ransom is going to have to do triple time to make up for the other 2 missing Pete's (& I can just imagine how hard you will have to twist his arm) !!

Glad to hear that you & Pete were not affected by Larry.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bill - I forgot you are in Melbourne !! Little chance of damage from Larry down there !!

Old age is getting tedious !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter,
old age isn't too bad
you get silver in your hair
gold in your teeth and
you have perpetual gas
and with today's gas (er petrol) prices that aint too bad
it's not golden however
as we cant see, pee, hear and move slowly in 200 mph sports cars

tommy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Jeezz, thanks Tommy !!

No-one around here is nice enough to mention "silver hair" - just grey.

Can't afford the gold for the teeth - just hoping the ancient mercury amalgum hangs in there & doesn't kill me before something else does !

Perpetual gas - got it ! (But as Billy Connelly says of old age : "never trust a fart") !!

As to the other fine attributes of old age :

- can't see : the look on the wife's face when I say "I'm just going out for a quick run in the 40"

- can't pee : enough stick in the 40 can cure that problem

- can't hear : who cares when no matter how deaf we get, we can still hear the 40 on full song

- move slowly : not advised as the alternative addresses the above 2 problems !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Well, it's a pity you guys couldn't be here for the Aussie F1 GP, I'll just have to catch up with Peter Ransom and drink the house down at Pete's bar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Don't worry Pete Mc, I'll take plenty of photos of the bar girls for you (that's what I'll be saying to the good lady wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif))
As far as you both (Peter D & Pete M) looking distinguished with your "silver" hair is concerned, I don't remember that being a hindrance to you both last year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Cheers guys

I'll report again soon - 3 days 19hrs 57 minutes till start of race - 14hrs till I start drinking....

Bill,
I'm planning to go but I'm not sure which day(s). Have you made any definite plans? If not I'll give you a call when I get there.

Go Webber!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Have a good time Bill, wish I could be there. Maybe you will bump into Robert Logan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamer.gif
Ross, are you going?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes I'm going, won't be the same without you Pete.I'll eye up the bar girls on your behalf.I'll try and meet up with any of you guys who are going at midday on saturday.I've got a grandstand seat this year so you won't have to sneak me in Bill.
Brmmmm Brmmmm Ross

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Chris/Ross

You'll find me at Pete's bar after 3pm on Friday, Saturday and early on Sunday. Today was a beautiful day with plenty of talent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Enjoy

Attachments

• 78395-Chickatbar.jpg
    78395-Chickatbar.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 277

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Sorry, that was fuzzy, probably due to too much of this:-
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 78396-drink.jpg