Australian Grand Prix

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I'd just like to say thanks to all the guys that made it to Pete's bar during the weekend. It was undoubtedly the place to be when that shower hit the track during Saturday qualifying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif as there was plenty of alchohol and those naughty nude piano dancing blondes to gawk at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Great photos Pete, really enjoyed meeting you and Di, lovely people.
To answer an earlier question, 12000 RPM doesn't sound too impressive out of an F1 car, but 18000 RPM certainly does. It was great to see the speed comparisons that were being run during the 4 days where an F1 car was pitted against a 5.0 litre V8 Supercar and a 1 series BMW. The "slower" cars were given sizeable handicaps (BMW - 1 minute 15 sec, V8 Supercar 35 sec.) and then the F1 was let loose, with all cars crossing the line close to the same time. It was ridiculous to see all the cars crossing the line at such different speeds....

Great weekend!

Cheers

Bill.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
(It was undoubtedly the place to be when that shower hit the track during Saturday qualifying) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cheers

Bill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill, Only a bloke from Melbourne could call torrential rain
and hail, accompanied by 60 mph winds "a shower" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Thanks for the kind words. Make sure you look us up if you ever head this way.

Pete,
I'll get some good pic of "BUSA_7" and do a litte story. Give me a couple of days, work has banked up in my absence! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Bill,
How did you explain the Gulf jacket purchase to the minister of finance? Does "i was too drunk to know any better" cut it for you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Was too!!Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thats what happens when I speed read.
Anyway are they a nice Jacket?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Tim
When I walked (or perhaps I should say Staggered!) into my place in the late hours of Thursday night wearing the afore-mentioned Gulf Oil jacket, I didn't get a chance to ask the minister of finance anything.
A simple "you're drunk, go to bed!" was all I remember.
However, I did catch her trying on the ladies version of the same jacket at the memorabilia shops adjacent to the track on Sunday morning. When I questioned her about it she said "there's no way in the world I'd wear the same jacket as you!"

- I think she likes it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.

[ QUOTE ]
The question was addressed to Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he is still drunk and can't remember his name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I found a couple of the girls that Pete and Ross were looking at, definately gay looking.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bill H

Attachments

• 53961-barmaid1.jpg
    53961-barmaid1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 217

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Maybe I should have used the word happy instead of gay.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

They certainly made a lot of people happy over the GP weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BH

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey, I remember them. Can't have had to much to drink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I found out I'm a lesbian. Flatchat told me what they do and I do all of that stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back