Bartman's GT40 Build

Bart Roberts

Supporter
Well I have collected the body parts including front and rear clips and nostral panel that were used in P1027 as spares to preserve the originals. I also have door spares that were with that car but never used. Jay Cushman has helped me fill in the blanks with nice rockers and roof spider. I'm really torn on what to do for chassis. I own a shop and have been doing classic cars and street rods for years. I have the tools and people to build a monocoque if I want to go that far. Or a monocoque without steel roof like tornado and RCR as a compremise. Lastly just build a tube chassis. This is going to be a street car, A/C, etc. Lastly, I'm not crazy about the original suspension for a street car. Why not stick with something like Corvette C5 or C6 (pretty much the same)? Ride and handling is good and no clangy rod ends. I don't know, I have a lot of pros and cons going on in my head. I'm up for points I may not have considered....

Attachments

• 20200427_161034_HDR.jpg
    20200427_161034_HDR.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 439

Bart Roberts

Supporter
I have been slowly working on things, mostly planning unfortunately. Business is down so play money is not as good as it was. Since these panels were spares copies from an original car, they seem to be very accurate. They were supposed to be produced from molds off the original parts from the car. Anyway, can someone tell me if these ducts were typical of original cars? I don't see them on many replicas. Trying to figure out if they were added later or copied from the original. They start at the NACA ducts in the front clamshell and vent towards backside of the dash.

Attachments

• 20210927_103520.jpg
    20210927_103520.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 231
  • 20210927_103542.jpg
    20210927_103542.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 216
  • 20210927_103550.jpg
    20210927_103550.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 222

Bryan Koehler

Supporter
If moneys down, and your looking to just cruise car around and do some track days like two three times a year etc. I would go for a chassis like chris arden is producing which is space frame square tube and utilizes corvette suspension. Its quick easy and budgett minded. Or fabricate your own should be relatively easy. And then you have your own design you can produce and sell if others show interest. Will watch thread with interest.

I have been slowly working on things, mostly planning unfortunately. Business is down so play money is not as good as it was. Since these panels were spares copies from an original car, they seem to be very accurate. They were supposed to be produced from molds off the original parts from the car. Anyway, can someone tell me if these ducts were typical of original cars? I don't see them on many replicas. Trying to figure out if they were added later or copied from the original. They start at the NACA ducts in the front clamshell and vent towards backside of the dash.

Those ducts are pretty much correct although the end of the duct that meets with the chassis would normally be cut off at an angle, the exception being if a heater plenum was fitted.

Regards,

Graham.

Back