Battlecry..!!!!!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Guys, nothing from Fran, via email or PM. If I don't hear from him by Wednesday evening then I am going to assume that he doesn't need anymore people to help. If that is the case then I still would like to drive up Saturday morning and watch as long as it's interesting. I may even spend the night.

If it does in fact become a spectating trip and someone wants to tag along, then PM me and we'll work out details.

Howard

I haven't heard a peep either.

I've basically made myself available from Friday through Sunday for this. If I don't hear anything before then, I'll just show up for the spectacle like Howard, however, I get bored REAL fast at racetracks if I'm not participating or doing something so I may end up snowboarding the majority of the weekend if nothing else.

Fwiw, I'm good with doing anything on a pit crew as I do have experience, though nothing major to brag about.

I will be on the crew for Adare Motorsports. I am looking forward to this event. Please look me up. I will be going over to meet Fran at his pit. It'd be great to meet up with some of you!

Tom Pritchett

I don't care who wins, what I want to know is if your having fun? There seems to be too much of "I'm better than you are!!!!"BLA BLA BLA!!
I choose not to play, thank you very much.
All of these cars are either copies of historic race cars or someones idea of their perfect race cars.

Bill,
Here at PDG, that's all we have is FUN, then safety, and then WIN! It is always an ADVENTURE where ever we go! For those SLC owners that attend, if you don't have a place over there, you are certainly welcome to come over and have some great
grassroots fun with us! We are only 2 pit stalls from Fran.

Were you reading the right post? I never read anything about "your car is better than mine here? The SLC guys are a bunch of nice gentleman competitors and not as humorous as I thought. But that's OK.

See you at the races (pit stall #7) just look for the home made observation tower!

Richard and team PDG:thumbsup:

Ther will be three motorhomes available.....one is for the drivers but the others will be for us lacky's....

I have not seen the car in over a month as its with the team in Reno.....

What do you mean not humorous.....I read your posts all the time...and laugh out loud.....

Howard,
I talked to Fran too. I'll take you up on the ride offer in the S4.... although I HOPE you put new tires on it! Call you later.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bob, new tires on. I'm thinking we leave my house about 7:30 am Saturday. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to trailer to TH from my house so we should be there a little over an hour before the start at 11am.

We can talk on the phone this evening. I'll call you about 7pm ish.

Steamer,
TH would be a walk in the park for all you east coast guys....but you would be laughing at all us left coasters as we cry like babies that it's freezing and/or pouring outside :) All while you lot are wondering around in Speedos.....

Nice that there may be some motorhome space for us wimps.

Pdg press release

PDG has final completed the prep work for the unvailing of the 2010 GTM-R that will participate in the 25 hours of thunderhill race. While the team worked tirelessly, cleaning the garage and packing all things that appear to be car related into the modest hauler. Jim and Don V. literally knocked off all the loose ends today, drilling through a brake line, over pumping the brakes and blowing out the brake light sending unit, while I welded up the paper thin headers that had a pin hole that soon turned into a hole the size of a dime. Art completed his piano hinge driving light wiper access grill for those late night window washing pit stops, ( should save 30 seconds in the pits!). We fell short of time loading, so we packed the " PDG custom paint kit" that includes 3 rattle cans, 3 purdy brushes, 1 7" wienie roller, 1 can of blue house paint. I'll be painting the last part of the car at the track. Heading for the track in the morning, we will be setting up the tower and pit carts. Our satellite connection didn't work, so we won't be broadcasting live. I did save a special spot on the nose for the promised RCR decal as it will be seen in every front photo shot of the car in action!
(that's cool!). Yellow and black are my favorite colors (especially when they are in our rear view mirror). Our theory of prepping the car is that we go through the whole car and do everything wrong and then go back and fix it all right. That way, nothing goes wrong during the race. Out of all this and inbetween all the fun, we have a board in the garage that we post almost famous quotes by the many volunteers.
Here are just a few that are remembered for the 2010 25 hour event:
"1/3 of carpenter is CAR"
"I have bandaids in the medicine cabinet stickier than those race tires"
"If you know a better way to do things, we don't want to hear it"
"DS, it's all about me"
"Bang it until it fits, then paint to match"
"If it's not on the car, it won't break"
"Can you take this over to the paint shop? and don't get over spray on the windshield again"
"Why can't I find the right drill bit in this 5 gallon bucket?"
" My butt hurts and I'm hungry"
"Disorganization is the result of organization"
"We don't care what anyone says, we do what the car likes"
"If you think you want that part on the car, then hold it in your hand and let it go..if it hits the ground, then it is to heavy"

See you at the races!

(Chief) Richard:thumbsup:

Hope to meet all the forum fans here this weekend! Stop by and introduce yourself.

This is a plea to those of you are attending to post regular updates, some pics would not go amiss either!

I have seen both cars up close and personal. i have also seen and heard the reaction of the viewers of both cars. GTM " What is that a new corvette?" and the SL-C "What the hell is that? I want one" That stands for the uniqueness of the SL-C..
But the last time i watched the show Battle of the Supercars the GTM made to much down force and the front wheels rubbed the top of the wheel well. the car had to be raised in the front just to finish..

My estimation is that the SL-C will truly out perform the GTM. Fran just made a hell of a product..

Yes he did/does!

Combine Fran's knowledge with near unlimited $$$ and the result is the SLC-R that showed up at the TH 25. That is a wickedly fast car, but not exactly the average SLC build. :thumbsup:

It WILL, however, force us, Team PDG GTM-R, to get faster. As I had expected it would. :)

More to come from both camps, I am sure.

I know this is an older thread, but thought it still relevant with the recent podium finishes for both teams. It's fun watching these guys compete over the years at such a high level. Congratulations to everyone who participated or contributed in any way. Good stuff for sure.

I think the more important thing here is that the SLC/GTM are home built cars that are just as fast (well, the SLC is faster...) as the quarter million dollar Porsches, Audis, etc. Now that is amazing to me. I was at the 2010 race at TH, and that SLC Eagle was ridiculously fast. Unfortunately, it had lots of electrical issues.

Back