BDRGT#153 Build Gallery

Rick,

Your BackDraft GT40 is absoulutely AWESOME!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I haven't sat in one yet, but it looks spacious (for a guy who is 6' 2") compared to the SPF GT40. Getting by with my SPF MK III and dreaming about a BDR GT40!

thanks Jack . Are there many GT's in Melbourne Aust ? What could be better than a GT 40 drive and then have a Fosters with some shrimp on the barbe.

Cheers Mate :thumbsup:

Doug, I have to warn you it could be dangerous to sit in one these :idea3:
I looked @ SPF and the CAV / BDR GT has a much more interior room . Also the car is all hand stiched leather vs the cloth interior ? You have to remove the steering wheel to get in & out of the SPF ? Jay's dad drove the GT yesterday with no problems and he is 6'2" also .

someone posted that the windows are flat & not original ? I'm not sure if they are looking @ the right picture ? They are not flat & they also have the period correct hatch opening . :stunned:

thanks Jack . Are there many GT's in Melbourne Aust ? What could be better than a GT 40 drive and then have a Fosters with some shrimp on the barbe.

Cheers Mate :thumbsup:

There are plenty of GT40's in and around Melbourne. Andrew East was kind enough to take me for a spin along the great ocean road in his RF all for the small price of a few cups of coffee in a town called Lorne. It was bloody brilliant.

Jack

Hi Rick,
nice car ,do you have anything else other than the expensive plexyglass holding the mirrors,i would be abit worried about someone bumping those mirrors.just my thoughts.
cheers Ali

Thanks Ali, the mirrors are carbon fiber & are very light so it seems very strong. I'm also having thicker lexan windows made with a midor edge where it screws & for the hatch also.The new ones will be 3/8" if we can bend it or worst case 1/4" thick . Need to make sure I like them before I drill again ?Here is another view ?

Mirror goes in body on one mount and into the plexi on the other. It is quite durable this way. And the mirrors are amazingly light, they are for F1 cars.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I like those mirrors - then again, I did the same thing.

I did mount them differently - I used a triangular piece of aluminum in that corner.

I like those mirrors - then again, I did the same thing.

I did mount them differently - I used a triangular piece of aluminum in that corner.

Pat,
Great idea. We are planning a new side window material (with some tint) and I will have some brackets laser cut for the area. Will also offer them in the store.

Thanks

Pat that is a good idea . I would love to see your GT , can you post some pictures.
Thanks Rick

BDR GT 40 Roush 342 GT
67 Corvette Coupe 327/350
05 AMG SL 55
BDR Cobra Roush 402 SR
67 GT 500 Roush 427 restomod

Back