Best BRM replica wheels

Hi Trev, Yes
AVON TYRES 215/60/15 FRONT & 295/50/15 REAR CR6 ZZ
Via Southern GT they also offered the best price at the time, but tyres are on the increase, They went up just after I ordered mine and I was told they are going up 14% again around August.. Due to the oil and the unrest in the middle east ????
Any excuse to put up prices and blame the arabs !!

OK back on the hunt for BRM wheels again and emailed a company this week about a set of original magnesium wheels. My question is if I were to get an original set (or re manufactured originals) would I be able to adapt them to fit my car?

I know the magnesium wheels are quite expensive but and they can corrode easily but for an original look and less weight it might be worth a look at them.

Trev

Trev,
Don't know if the magnesium wheels you are looking at are painted or not.... The challenge wheels I have on my ferrari are very light and painted. If they come un-painted it would be an easy fix. I would guess they are 30-40% lighter? Let us know what you get, Scott

Trev,
Don't know if the magnesium wheels you are looking at are painted or not.... The challenge wheels I have on my ferrari are very light and painted. If they come un-painted it would be an easy fix. I would guess they are 30-40% lighter? Let us know what you get, Scott

Hi Scott, the wheels will come unpainted but as you says it's easy to get them coated to add some additional protection. As you say the benefit of the wheels is the reduction in weight and also having wheels that appear correct. The downsize is the cost as they work out at around twice the price of alloy versions

Trev

plus you probably need all the original setup on hubs and brakes for mounting them. I would assume original type uprights necesarry for that as well, or custom made hubs in granada spindles. Anyhow a lot of work and costs. You have to decide by yourself if this is worth al the effort for a replica of this category ( it will never be a gelscoe, spf or other monocoque replica).
Additionaly longlivety of magwheels is heavily discussed. Pro Raceteams change them every season ( some even more frequent), pls having them regularely xrayed.

TOM

plus you probably need all the original setup on hubs and brakes for mounting them. I would assume original type uprights necesarry for that as well, or custom made hubs in granada spindles. Anyhow a lot of work and costs. You have to decide by yourself if this is worth al the effort for a replica of this category ( it will never be a gelscoe, spf or other monocoque replica).
Additionaly longlivety of magwheels is heavily discussed. Pro Raceteams change them every season ( some even more frequent), pls having them regularely xrayed.

TOM

Thanks Tom, your always the voice of reason. Agreed too much work and cost, vintage wheels it is

Trev

Back