Best license plate for a GT40?

Just between us, we've pretty much all had a nice car or 2 or 3 that we've showed some particular care for......and I never had a personalized plate on anything and maybe you have or haven't.....anyway.....just for fun, I was wondering..........

What's the best license plate for a GT40?

F ENZO

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
LEMANS 1

SUPERCAR

MULSANNE

WINNER

BUHBYE

Well - those are a few I was going to try and get.. You basically give them a list of I think 5 that you want in priority order. They don't let you go back and forth, so if you have one of them on your list that's available - you get it.

I have personalized plates on a number of vehicles. My 69 Camaro SS is "TUFF 69". My Victory motorcycle is "BG FT". My 2007 Camry Hybrid is "MOE MPG"..

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
..... You basically give them a list of I think 5 that you want in priority order. "..

Whoopee! I finally found a way that California DMV is better! Their web site lets you find out if any combination is available. You can (and I have, when I was working) spend all day doing that. DMV.CA.GOV, online services, order special interest and personalized plates, and then just go through as if you're going to order one.

Anyway, mine is "NYFAIM" ("Next Year Ferrari's Ass Is Mine"). With all the Cobras in CA I was amazed that one was availabe.

One that I considered, and that was available at the time, was "GO ON BY"

Ontario allows up to eight digits (incl. spaces), so I suppose the obvious choices are:

FORDGT40

GT40 MK1 or GT40 MK2 or GT40 MK4 (depending on your car)

You could also highlight their Le Mans domination with:

1966 69

LEMANS66 or LEMANS67 or LEMANS68 or LEMANS69

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
:)

gt9.jpg

From a distance they all like the same. For those off track spirited runs. Got the idea from an old Gumball Run car.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
First personalized license plate I've ever bought is on my GT40 now. Many of the obvious ones were already taken in Texas, even XGT2.

I ended up with XGTII

My car is titanium and has the XGT-2 numbers and stripes on it, so...

FWIW,
Kirby

Just between us, we've pretty much all had a nice car or 2 or 3 that we've showed some particular care for......and I never had a personalized plate on anything and maybe you have or haven't.....anyway.....just for fun, I was wondering..........

What's the best license plate for a GT40?

F ENZO

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I like a bit more personal approach...

I'd choose "DUG TOY" (TX allows 6 characters)

If I could get 7 characters, it might read "ENZO SUX"

Cheers from Doug!

Last edited:
X-RACER; GEETEE40 ; GT FORTY ; GT FORDY; 1 LEMANS ; SHORTY40 ; URN4ARD (you are in for a ride) 240FORTY ; WINS X 4 ;

Last edited:
I saw a plate on a bike where the fixing was made to look like "
and it read

A 10" NOB
" I wouldn't want people to know that I only had a 10 incher "

Back