Big feet in little foot boxes...

Well, my size 14 1/2 W - 15 US feet + my 6' 5" height have it in for me I'm afraid...

Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I'm not going to be able to get them down in the foot box far enough for a "comfortable" (aka no limb removal) driving position without something giving.

The car came with floor mounted Wilwood clutch & dual brake pedals with the slaves headed toward the firewall. Unfortunately in the Sabre the foot box narrows too quickly to get them back there & still have room for everything.

Hanging pedals with the slaves going the other direction were my first thought, but after I opened it up some more the steering column is going right through where that would all need to be to get it further forward.

At this point I'd be wiling trade the G50 for a good 5+ speed automatic I could paddle shift so I could actually drive the thing more comfortably (if such a thing actually existed in my realm of financial possibility).

I also looked a bit into modifying the G50 for sequential use & moving the clutch to the hand lever for initial take off, but I didn't find anything specific for the G50 & what I did find was quite spendy.

I'm hoping some of you may have already battled this out & have some ideas of what I could look into next, I'm all ears!

:chug:

I had a problem with my Kirkham Cobra. I wear a size 12 and would hit the gas and brake at the same time. I took the peddle assembly out and disassembled the brake and clutch. I put each in a vise about 2" up from the base, heated and bent to the left. I moved the peddle down past the bend, clamped it in the vise , heated it and bent the top parallel with the bottom. That offset the clutch and brake about 1" to the left. I also found the narrowest athletic shoe and that helped. Puma seem to be the narrowest I could find. These cars were built for munchkins.

Ya, I've got some Piloti's I got for the Vette, but they're not real driver shoes IMVHO, still too thick around everything really.

Too bad Diesel stopped making shoes in my size in that lovely thin design they had, those were absolutely perfect!

Here's what I'm hoping to try next go 'round when they get some 15's back in stock...

The Adam, from Altua

I eyeballed bending the pedals early on but dismissed it cause it didn't appear to have the room to mess with it & I had several other ideas at the time. Now that they've all struck out (so far) guess I'll have to take a closer look. Maybe a more severe bending along with some shaving of the pedal itself would do the trick to get those slaves tucked in.

Thanks Al! :chug:

Back