Bill's CAV #193 Build - Canadian Made

Also as a fellow canadian in calgary, do you have any recommendation on best path of obtaining and building off of a rolling chassis? Was thinking of contacting Nevada Classics since they have a good understanding of the requirements.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Also as a fellow canadian in calgary, do you have any recommendation on best path of obtaining and building off of a rolling chassis? Was thinking of contacting Nevada Classics since they have a good understanding of the requirements.
Understand that trying to fool TC and Customs will bite your ass. The idea of importing "parts" before the "Chassis/body" will raise a red flag. We have been asked several times to "do it this way" and have declined. We DID import a Superformance tub into Canada for a customer who then flaked out on us, so we returned it to the US. The Customs/TC people are not as dumb as you may think. How will you feel when they knock on your door and tell you have ten days to export the car, or it will be seized? A "rolling chassis" is NOT legal to import into Canada save as an off-road, competition car.

Last edited:

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Do you think this could be directed to Darin just in case Rick.
Darin, Ryan Valin is the parts supplier in Canada for parts than can't be shipped by Factory 5
What I received from F 5 was a crate of parts the balance was sold to me by Ryans Custom Cars. a Canadian shop in Ontario

Understand that trying to fool TC and Customs will bite your ass. The idea of importing "parts" before the "Chassis/body" will raise a red flag. We have been asked several times to "do it this way" and have declined. We DID import a Superformance tub into Canada for a customer who then flaked out on us, so we returned it to the US. The Customs/TC people are not as dumb as you may think. How will you feel when they knock on your door and tell you have ten days to export the car, or it will be seized? A "rolling chassis" is NOT legal to import into Canada save as an off-road, competition car.

Oops, I meant chassis on rollers, lol. I think thats what you were getting at. I want to do everything correctly. Is there info on what was done to import that superformance tub? I'm just gathering information. Not committed to anything. Thanks for any info you have.

Back