Birth

Cobra Club friends attended the birth held on the roadside on Dec 13, 04, at 2pm.
A gleaming red Ford GT emerged from a classic car hauler.
What a way to end the year.

John

Attachments

• 49594-FortdGT5.jpg
    49594-FortdGT5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 219
Mark

I will be keen to give you a comparison. I will also take photos of both cars next to each other in all views. The Ford GT is amazingly close. However, it will take a few weeks as I still need to get to know the Ford GT and get my GT40 back together as the engine has been removed. Installing a 427 aluminum block with fuel injection. Also replacing the rear side shafts and universals with stronger units for 600 h.p.

John

Congrats John, looks great! I will be looking for the only red GT in Danvile! Let us know how the two cars compare.

When the time comes to drag race both cars side by side, you will need a driver. I am ready! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
John,

Do you have any specs on your 427 you'd care to share here. Is it a crate motor (i.e. Roush or others) or custom build?

Also, I've been told using an aluminum block disapates considerable heat in the engine compartment. Do you consider that much of a concern in a GT40?

Tim

The block is a DART using Scat crank, AFR heads, H-rods and DFI fuel injection, engine builder is J.C.Performance in Grover Beach, CA. They install for CAV. Heat should be OK with the GT40 setup. Engine is setup on an engine dyno, then installed and final tests on auto dyno. Previous one built is with the dealer and apparently a winner.
I will know more about end of month.

John

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
John,

Boy, just the specs I'm looking into here in So. Calif. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd be interested to speak with someone at J.C. Performance to do the same, just not aluminum. Anyone specific to contact there?

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, your memory still serves you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I did look J.C. up and will be in contact with them.

I do know the memory is the second thing to go, I just can't remember the first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back