Brake Control IVA

Hi all

Just a quick question regarding the IVA.
Under Brake system section 09A its states

"A brake control, actuating linkage or associated component must not be obstructed in its travel nor foul parts of the vehicle"

My car has a floor mounted box and without fluid in the system the full travel of the brake pedal will foul against the steering intermediate shaft, obviously with fluid the travel of the pedal wont be enough to foul against the shaft.
Will it be tested as on the day or for the potential full travel of the pedal.
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question just want to clarify before I move on.

Heres a pic of the area (No shaft) but I'm sure you get the gist of it

Thanks in advance

Jase

Attachments

• CAM00424_small.jpg
    CAM00424_small.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 364
Move one or other slightly so that you have full travel.
IVA test or not you must always have full pedal travel whether for bleeding, pumping in an emergency scenario, bias adjustment, etc, etc.

If your pedal fouls the lower column, think what your foot is going to do !!!

NickD

Supporter
Hi all

Just a quick question regarding the IVA.
Under Brake system section 09A its states

"A brake control, actuating linkage or associated component must not be obstructed in its travel nor foul parts of the vehicle"

My car has a floor mounted box and without fluid in the system the full travel of the brake pedal will foul against the steering intermediate shaft, obviously with fluid the travel of the pedal wont be enough to foul against the shaft.
Will it be tested as on the day or for the potential full travel of the pedal.
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question just want to clarify before I move on.

Heres a pic of the area (No shaft) but I'm sure you get the gist of it

Thanks in advance

Jase

Hi Jase,
I can't comment on the brake / steering as I'm a month behind you and I have exact same part so will keep a close look at how this proceeds. Just well impressed with your build quality to date. ;-)

Hi Jason
If there's no room to move over the pedal box to give the the required clearance (which you will need to at least bleed the brakes) I'd look at offsetting the pedal pad, or changing the arm to be offset. The throttle pedal looks wide, so that could be slimmed down to create some room

Rgds,
Andy

Back