Brake pad replacement

Can somebody please jolt my memory as to how to get the front brake pads out of the PBR calipers? I know that you remove something and the caliper then pivots away from the rotor, but what do you remove and which direction does it pivot? Its been nearly 4 years since I fitted these things... frightening to think how quickly time has gone by /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris,
I usually take both bolts out that holds the caliper in place. Then I remove the old pads and use a C clamp to push the caliper piston back. Then stick in the new pads and bolt it back in place.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
And probably best to monitor the fluid level as you compress the pistons as well. I made that mistake last week on my Explorer and looking back on maintenance done in Italy, the garage had topped up my reservoir early in the summer - which I hadn't noticed so when I came to replace the pads on thursday - like the fountains of Rome.

All comes back to me now. Here is the method for future reference.

Remove circlip and washer from the lower retaining pin, then withdraw pin.

Attachments

• 67863-Caliper1.jpg
    67863-Caliper1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 209
Withdraw the caliper totaly for access to the pads from the inside.

Attachments

• 67865-Caliper3.jpg
    67865-Caliper3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 204
I do a pretty good michael jackson "Woo Hoo" and dance when I touch the hot brakes without gloves too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back