Brett's RS GTD

Re: Brett\'s RS GTD

aah, I forgot the one slight caviat, of that eventually (one day) it will also be His & Hers. That's also why this car is being painted Red.

Brett

Rear Uprights in. Note Roy has been lightening the standard GTD upright, it uses slightly narrower plate and has some areas removed. You actually pick these up even when fuly assembled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 58104-rear_upright.jpg
    58104-rear_upright.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,382

I didn't realise how busy I had been until I saw when my last post was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Finally managed to get some time to work today. After picking up my brakes from Roy Smart, they are now nearly there. Panelling In as well. Other side tomorrow.

Attachments

• 61454-ns_panel_brake.jpg
    61454-ns_panel_brake.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 2,121

Engine Bulkhead in as well... busy weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 61509-bulkhead.jpg
    61509-bulkhead.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 2,189

My god I didn't realise how long it had been, or how little work I had done on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif However, finally got out to the garage this weekend and managed to get something done.

So the rad is trial fitted in place with the aircon condenser.

Attachments

• 73318-ra_aircon.jpg
    73318-ra_aircon.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,883

Managed, even with my lack of skills to make up a bracket to put the Steering Column in. he Column is from Mick Sollis at Southern GT and I have to say it is top quality.

Attachments

• 73320-steering_column.jpg
    73320-steering_column.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2,131
I have to hold my head in shame that I really don't get enough time in the garage...

Managed a few hours this and last weekend and have finally got round to shortening the lower sterring column. Resulting in a major milestone (for me anyway) with a set of molegrips... turning the steering and something actually happening :O)

Brett

Attachments

• Dsc01674a.jpg
    Dsc01674a.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 1,854
The molegrips that brought such a big smile and one of the seats thanks to another GTD builder, Brian M.

Attachments

• Dsc01676a.jpg
    Dsc01676a.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,796
Well, I took a risk and bidded on the Kennedy adaptor plate that Lynn noticed on eBay. First results are promising with my 01X.

Attachments

• gearbox1.jpg
    gearbox1.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 1,786
Back