Builder Services Offered

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
All,

Some time ago, I quietly mentioned that I was starting a side business in my build thread. I would like to make a more public announcement at this time. I will entertain requests for my services in a couple of areas, but I will be focused on helping anyone who has an interest in owning an out of the ordinary performance car.

Operating as Larsen Advanced Performance Services, or LAPS for short, I will offer a consulting service to help someone zero in on exactly what they would like to own. The miriad of configurations, power plants, transmissions, and product choices can be a very daunting prospect. Many times it is difficult to subjectively arrive at a balance between fantasies of "over the top" exotic and a car that has some pratical characteristics. Using an analytical, customer-centric approach, WE will arrive at a specification for the car of the customers dreams that will not only look fantastic sitting in the garage, but will also be satisfying on the road.

While many people have a deep seeded desire for a performance vehicle that makes a statement and stands out from the crowd, a goodly number of them do not have the time, mechanical aptitude or industry knowledge to apply to the research needed to choose an automobile. Even fewer are able to develop a bill of materials, source and purchase the bits and pieces needed and, utlimately, build and customize a car to reflect their personalities, dreams and desires. With a manical focus on the customer, LAPS can provide any or all of these services to assure the customer that the end result will, indeed, be the car of his or her dreams.

Again, the focus will be on the customer's needs and desires with customer satisfaction the driving paradigm. While the GT40 will have an obvious emphasis, it will by no means be the only alternative. I have, and am in the process of developing, relationships with a number of manufacturers and vendors representing a wide range of body styles and configurations.

For now, please contact me via email through the forum (click on my name in this or any of my posts and then click on my email address link in the resultant profile.) I will be developing a web site and will publish the URL once it is available. The URL listed in my profile is only a collection of photos, at this point.

Regards,
Lynn

Lynn,

Best of luck in your new venture BUT, where were you when I needed you. While I've finally got my car pretty well sorted out, I know I could have saved time, money and considerable FRUSTRATION had you been offeriing these services earlier.

I know you will be of invalauble assistance to whomever may avail themselves to your services.

Have a GREAT New Year and Best Of Luck in '05.

Ben

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Ben and Rick,

Thanks for the kind words!

I have been keeping busy over the holidays with my post-paint reassembly. (See the builders forum for updates.)

I have also been involved with making sure I keep hitting the twice monthly IBM lottery for a while. I'd rather make the transition away from that on my terms :)

Regards,
Lynn

Back