Ca GT40 at pleasington good guys show

just curious is the owner a frequent poster here??

my friends invited me but i was stupid and had to work, anywas long story short. they saw a GT40 that was blue with white stripes

PS: if your at the next car show in that area, not be weirded out if some wacko asks if he can sit in the car or hear it idle(thats me)
wink.gif

heheheh anyways my friend has a picture of it he's gona burn on a CD, ill post it up when i get the CD

Andrew,

I live in Pleasanton. Next time you are in my area you are welcomed to check mine out (it is Black). It is on the road now.

I heard about the Blue one through my friends.

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Faili F ]

I didn't see the car in question. It does,however sound like a car that was built by Val Byrd on the east coast for Tim Darrin. Tim owned the car for several years and I believe sold it last year at the Monterey Historic bash. If the new owner is out there maybe someone will run across him at another event. There are several of us in the area who would like to connect.I know 5 owners in our area and there are probably more.

whats the next car show your planning to attend in our area. im in vacaville if you know where that is.

well 6 in a few years including me, i already know i have to have one

The car at the Pleasanton show belongs to me and my wife. We had it there on saturday and had planned to be there on sunday but it started pouring down rain at our house before we left. We had our Pantera there also, but nobody noticed as the GT stole the show. GT40's really get a lot of attention! It sounds like there are a few cars in the area so we should try to get together.

Hi Patrick. I am in Livermore. Howard and Faile live about 6 miles away and there is another owner, Bob, in the Sunnyvale area. There is also Scott building an NZ 40 in Oakland and Dave building a DRB north of San Fran. There is no shortage of 40's around this area so give me an email if you would like to hook up. I am retired so my time is flexible. There were also owners in San Francisco and St. Helena that I have lost track of. You may have bought one of those cars ( Tim or Dave). It would be nice to hear from you.

I think it would be great to get everyone in the area together at some event. I have just started the build of my DRB GT-40, but I'm sure I could con Farhad into giving me a lift to a get together.

I live in the Santa Rosa Area just north of SF.

If you all don't mind a dreamer hanging around,
I'd love to come down from Sacto.

Of course, when I become an owner ...

Ian

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hey lets start a N.Cal 40 owners group. I'm open for a pool party this summer at my place. If everyone sends me their e-mail address I'll let you know when where etc. I'm in San Ramon.

Back