Cadwell Park - Heads up.

Dave,no wind, lots of sun, no showers, bit over cast about 3 ish.(weather forecasting is it an art?)
good Fun, what a good turn out of cars, lets do it again soon, thanks Desmond,
regards Dick
PS, how do I find Dr johns wed site for some pictures of this event

A few photos from the very successful day at Cadwell yesterday.
Well done to all involved especially Desmond from the club, Steve Hole from TKC Mag and his very helpful and hard working team and all at Cadwell Park management for making the event such a success. Everyone I spoke to said that they had enjoyed the day and I second that sentiment.:thumbsup:

We were also so very pleased that Dave's 1st weather forecast was so wide of the mark!:devilish:

Attachments

• Cadwell March 2010 (18).jpg
    Cadwell March 2010 (18).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Cadwell March 2010 (32).jpg
    Cadwell March 2010 (32).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 305
  • Cadwell March 2010 (35).jpg
    Cadwell March 2010 (35).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Cadwell March 2010 (39).jpg
    Cadwell March 2010 (39).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Cadwell March 2010 (45).JPG
    Cadwell March 2010 (45).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Cadwell March 2010 (51).JPG
    Cadwell March 2010 (51).JPG
    120 KB · Views: 277
  • Cadwell March 2010 (60).JPG
    Cadwell March 2010 (60).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Cadwell March 2010 (61).JPG
    Cadwell March 2010 (61).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Cadwell March 2010 (68).JPG
    Cadwell March 2010 (68).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 278
Dave,no wind, lots of sun, no showers, bit over cast about 3 ish.(weather forecasting is it an art?)
good Fun, what a good turn out of cars, lets do it again soon, thanks Desmond,
regards Dick
PS, how do I find Dr johns wed site for some pictures of this event

Dick, go here :DRJOHN.CC and click on search photos.
Cheers
Paul

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I am pleased it turned out nice for you all. The original 'heads up' surely looked like a crappy day but it got better all the time. It's so much easier to forecast only one or two days ahead instead of six or seven anyway.
I had hoped to have a day out and come to Cadwell but other things transpired.
Next time.....

Hi
Cadwell Park was a real pig to get to, and I didn't travel the farthest. However, I think Cadwell Park is one of the most picturesque circuits I have visited. It also looks one of the most difficult to drive. We drove up the night before and stayed at a pub in Scamblesby. Paid £55.00 for a twin room with full english. It was about 2 miles from the circuit. It was an execellent day. It will be remembered for a very long time. My sincere thanks to the club and Total Kit Car magazine. It was great to get tuition from someone who knew the circuit and was sat at the side of you telling you how to drive the circuit. As a complete novice at this, it helped with pushing the car a bit, and trying to understand how to drive round a race track. Next stop Le Mans. I include a few photos.
Stephen :thumbsup:

Attachments

• S6001656.jpg
    S6001656.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 262
  • S6001657.jpg
    S6001657.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 272
  • S6001667.jpg
    S6001667.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 253
Martin Goughs new Gt40 was rejected by the Club - you can see he's had to park his red car way over to the left from the main group.

Attachments

• cadwell.jpg
    cadwell.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 295
Hi Chris M

Yes that was me.

Regards Martin.

nice to meet you martin and looking forward to seeing your car in the IOM.

i'm posting a few links up from a fellow GD t70 owner in the video section today and there are some pics of mine on the lola threads in the can-am forum on here.
regards
chris

hi Glen where were u it was a wheelie good day!!?
hi Martin, my daughter has just informed me that your sister is an assistant teacher at her school and they have been talking about GT40's !
regards Dick

A big thank you to Desmond for arranging a great day at Cadwell Park on Wednesday. More of these kind of events please.
Paul C.

Hey Dick

Small world.

Chris M.

Looked at your pictures. Nice car. Looks exceptionally quick in that video.
Sure you can't make this years Isle of Man competition?

Regards Martin.

Hey Dick

Small world.

Chris M.

Looked at your pictures. Nice car. Looks exceptionally quick in that video.
Sure you can't make this years Isle of Man competition?

Regards Martin.

hi Martin
unfortunately not this year but i'm coming across to spectate so maybe next season for me.
i dont know what happened to the thread i posted with dates on of other events this summer but its disapeared, is there anywhere specific i can post UK dates incase you and any other GT40 owners want to attend?
cheers
chris

Hi Guys,
Just been advised that the TKC magazine featuring the Cadwell Park report will be published before Stoneleigh Kit Car Show and Desmond Finnan assures us that we will all be impressed with the content.
Also TKC has very kindly agreed that every GT40 car owner, that attended and participated in the event, will receive a FOC copy of the said magazine.
Result.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I got my copy of TKC in the mail in Saturday

Great write up and pictures
Well done Desmond with all the organising and getting the event off the ground!

If anyone wants a good read of what is available in the UK in GT40s it a worthwhile purchase.

Home - Steve Says

Ian

Back