Cadwell Park - Heads up.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I spent a lot of my youth in Lincolnshire. Cadwell and Mallory were my meccas and I probably totalled two or three bikes coming home from race meetings at Cadwell and Mallory. Let me impart some local knowledge about Lincolnshire.

When it's cold at Cadwell - it's bloody cold.
When the wind blows in off the North Sea and its cold, it's even worse.
When it rains and the wind blows in off the North Sea and it's cold, You are in trouble.
Here are the mean sea level pressure charts for Europe:
Westwind.ch - Animation

They will keep rolling every time you open them up as long as another one has been added - so you wont see the 17th yet but I guess it will be there on Saturday at the latest.

If your car leaks in, I cant remember if there are any garages you can park in at Cadwell. May I suggest a halfords nylon cover drawn tight. I would anticipate a lousy day( on the 17th looking at those charts and extrapolating), and then you won't be disappointed. If you are in a hotel, fill as many flasks as you can carry and stow a hot water bottle as well that you can fill from the flasks. There could be a lot of sitting around. Enjoy.

Dave

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Someone "slept on it" in the met office

From almost an inch of rain expected in the afternoon yesterday it's now going to be fine and sunny

Changeable I would predict

Ian

The Manchester Mafia will be there and staying over night in Sleaford Tuesday for a good knees up!
We don't care about a bit of water.

With appologies to 'the bard of Stratford'

But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Steve

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The Manchester Mafia will be there and staying over night in Sleaford Tuesday for a good knees up!
We don't care about a bit of water.

Southern softy here

But I'm planning on leaving home at 5am
Driving the 200 miles there
As many laps as possible
Drive the 200 miles home

Probably only get home fairly late!

So the thought of doing 400 plus miles in the rain is about where I draw the line

So not a "Wee sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie" (With apologies to the Bard from even further north

Probably need a chiropractor appointment on Thursday!

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Generally an improved situation from the original heads up.
Winds Southwesterlies 10 to 20 Km/h, generally overcast all day with
the possibility of a light shower occasionally any time during the day, more so later afternoon. Maximum temp 7 to 9c in cloud shadow, and 8 to 10c if you get any sun at all. With the wind , the chill factor will keep the apparent temperature down to around 6 to 8 c.
Enjoy
Westwind.ch - Animation

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What sort of time are you expecting to leave Sleaford?

I could be passing at the right time and join a convoy!

Ian

Glenn M

Supporter
Has anybody else enquired about camping there? My advice is don't unless you want a real laugh - I was quoted £131 for the night! yes you did read that right, 131 freaking pounds to sleep in a field! I was for once utterly speechless!

Mike Martin,

I am driving over on the Wedneday morning M62... M180 .. A18 ..A16 etc. See you at the circuit. Anyone else on my route?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm heading down from Carlisle.

Down to Preston and across via M62, M180, etc, etc.

Planning to leave at 7.00 am, daughters preparations permitting!

PM if you are on a similar schedule.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Has anybody else enquired about camping there? My advice is don't unless you want a real laugh - I was quoted £131 for the night! yes you did read that right, 131 freaking pounds to sleep in a field! I was for once utterly speechless!

Ye gods, how big is your tent!:stunned:

Just a few pics.

Attachments

• P1000680.jpg
    P1000680.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 285
  • P1000686.jpg
    P1000686.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 306
  • P1000753.jpg
    P1000753.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 279
hi Martin
are you the Martin i was talking to yesterday about sprinting /hillclimbs etc? (i'm the GD Lola T70 owner if so!)
cheers
chris

Back